MSELECT is looking to hire a Press Officer for our client based in Erbil. Candidates must have experience in managing relations with media outlets. English and Kurdish fluency is a must.
The Press Officer will be the primary support and will often be a interlocutor on behalf of the client for engagement with local media.
- Acting as contact point for media seeking to engage the client management
- Ensuring the client is aware of media reporting about the establishment
- Preparing the client’s management for media interviews and other media engagements
- Preparing draft statements for the client for the media
- Maintaining a core script for the client for media engagement and preparing or updating messaging as issues emerge or develop
- Liaising with other departments which have contact with media to ensure consistency and that the client’s management’s position is properly represented
- Will be likely to work closely with external agencies providing international communications support
- Knowledge and understanding of the international media procedures
- Must be fluent in English and Kurdish (spoken and written)
- Experience of managing relations with media outlets
- Ability to produce concise messaging for the client’s management for their media engagement which reflects the client’s position and style
- Ability to present complex subjects to the media in a compelling way
- Ability to draft compelling statements
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others departments and third parties
- Experience in coaching senior figures for media engagements
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process and at such time our client’s name will be revealed to them.