MSELECT is hiring a Government Liaison Officer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience and fluency of English and Kurdish is a must.
The Government Relations Officer will represent Company at the MNR and other government agencies; the job holder will also be responsible for expat visa and residency process and administration.
- Follow up on company’s documentation with the MNR and other government related agencies on daily basis
- Liaising and supporting the TEL process for the related contractor and supply companies for the Company
- Submit, follow-up and issue all new work and business visas for the Company’s expatriate employees and to guarantee that the visas are handled and processed in a timely matter by means of coordination with MNR visa department
- Residency process submission and issue of resident card ID for the Company’s expatriate employees in a timely matter by means of coordination with related department at the MNR
- Renew, update and manage all the Company’s expatriate employees and their dependents’ visas, residency and work contracts and ensure the admin and records are up to date at the Labour and Immigration Departments. Liaison with employees with employees for maintaining the required in date
- Collect and give regular updates on all work and migration standards from the government offices in order to keep the Company’s HR department well informed with respect to changes and updates to procedures and rules
- Overseeing and assisting with administrative tasks and support functions; for example, outlining the duties and responsibilities of the administrative assistant
- Represent the Company at different offices such as Airport, Embassies, Police Station, Ministries/Municipalities and other government Departments
- Develop frameworks and policies and apply these accordingly within the Company.
Requirements Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in oil and gas industry
- Excellent knowledgeable on the process of getting residency permits, visas, work permit etc.
- Excellent written (including PC), speaking and communication skills in English and Kurdish language
- Effective communication skills in order to successfully work and liaise with local government agencies and representatives
- Good organizational skills to prioritize and perform tasks and workload
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Knowledge in HR and Labour Law.
Internal & External Interaction
- Internally the candidate shall interact on regular basis with the office manager, operations manager, HR, supply chain manager, office administrator and others as needed
- The candidate shall liaise with all expat staff of Company Energy
- Externally the candidate shall represent the Company and liaise with the MNR, residency office and other government agencies as needed.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process