MSELECT is looking to hire a Projects Commissioning Engineer – Instrument & Control for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry and 5+ years of commissioning experience. The candidate will be working on a 28/28 rotation. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Responsible for the safe and technically compliant discipline commissioning of plant systems throughout the projects sites. The candidate will be a team member and have good communication and leadership skills, be able to develop relationships with co-workers and personnel within other departments/groups. The projects maybe Greenfield or Brownfield, Oil & Gas or Source Water related but will be completed with identical attention to detail and standards. Must be versatile in a ‘hands on’ one team approach to achieving operating systems, covering overlaps between disciplines as a member of a small commissioning team, demonstrating professional behavior always. Be aware and adhere to project HSE requirements and other international safe working practices, demonstrate strong experience and knowledge in Control of Work managements systems.
- Key member of the project commissioning team responsible for the taking of systems from MC through to handover and Start-Up operating condition
- Interfacing with engineering design, construction, operations, suppliers, sub-contractors and coordinating daily work schedules for discipline technicians
- Overseeing installation/construction of systems, plants and equipment
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Maintain “as built” records, experienced in Management of Change controls, ability to raise Technical Queries, Software Change Control and writing reports
- Be self-motivated, reliable, committed and flexible to work demands in remote environments
- Required to coach national Operations and Maintenance personnel during commissioning activities
- Schedule setting / planning / document preparation / writing procedures / method statements for the commissioning team / attend meetings representing the team
- Monitoring / interpretation of project milestones for alignment of commissioning activities
- Possess the ability to work as Authorized Isolation Person or another key role in a project-controlled Control of Work system, involving implementing isolation schemes and safety measures
- Familiar with all aspects of Instrument and Control discipline works, drawings interpretation, testing methods, test equipment
- Attendance to Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Recognized I&C engineering qualification and / or proven relative Industry experience
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Minimum 10 Years oil & Gas industry, 5+ years commissioning experience
- CompEx certified is preferable, ATEX working knowledge essential
- Ability and experience to manage across all disciplines and diverse cultures
- Flexible and accommodating in changeable / challenging circumstances
- All types of Field instrumentation, Valves, Analyzers and electrical interface.
- Working knowledge of Completions systems, ideally GOC (QEDI Go Completions)
- PLC / DCS and safety systems experience essential, previous logic implementation skills preferred
- PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Modicon), ICSS Emerson Delta V and ABB 800 experienced preferable
- Experience in Water treatment plants in addition to Oil & Gas would be an advantage
- Industry safe working practices
- Good Computing skills
- English language advanced, written/spoken
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.