MSELECT is looking to hire a Commissioning Engineer - Electrical for a major global oil and gas client in Basra, minimum 10 Years oil & Gas industry, 5+ years commissioning experience, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Reports to the Commissioning Manager for the safe and technically compliant discipline commissioning of plant systems throughout the projects sites. The candidate will be a team member and have good communication and leadership skills, be able to develop relationships with co-workers and personnel within other departments/groups. The projects maybe Greenfield or Brownfield, Oil & Gas or Source Water related but will be completed with identical attention to detail and standards.
Must be versatile in a ‘hands on’ one team approach to achieving operating systems, covering overlaps between disciplines as a member of a small commissioning team, demonstrating professional behavior always.
Be aware and adhere to project HSE requirements and other international safe working practices, demonstrate strong experience and knowledge in Control of Work managements systems.
- Key member of the project commissioning team responsible for the taking of systems from MC through to handover and Start-Up operating condition
- Interfacing with engineering design, construction, operations, suppliers, sub-contractors and coordinating daily work schedules for discipline technicians
- Overseeing installation/construction of systems, plants and equipment
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Maintain “as built” records, experienced in Management of Change controls, ability to raise Technical Queries and writing reports
- Be self-motivated, reliable, committed and flexible to work demands in remote environments
- Required to coach national Operations and Maintenance personnel during commissioning activities
- Schedule setting / planning / document preparation / writing procedures / method statements for the commissioning team / attend meetings representing the team
- Monitoring / interpretation of project milestones for alignment of commissioning activities
- Possess the ability to work as Authorised Electrical Person or another key role in a project Control of Work system, involving implementing isolation schemes and safety measures
- Familiar with all aspects of electrical discipline works, drawings interpretation, testing methods, test equipment
- Attendance to Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests
Essential Job Requirement
- Recognised Electrical engineering qualification and / or proven relative Industry experience
- Ability and experience to manage across all disciplines and diverse cultures
- Flexible and accommodating in changeable / challenging circumstances
- HV/MV/LV, OHTL, Power generation systems experience
- Battery UPS, Switchboards, power distribution and lighting experience
- Working knowledge of Completions systems, ideally GOC (QEDI Go Completions)
- CompEx certified is preferable, ATEX working knowledge essential
- Minimum 10 Years oil & Gas industry, 5+ years commissioning experience
- Experience in Water treatment plants in addition to Oil & Gas would be an advantage
- Industry safe working practices
- Good Computing skills
- English language advanced, written/spoken
Rotational 28-days work / 28-days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.