MSELECT is hiring a Technical Director for an international development consultancy in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 10 - 15 years of experience in development projects, management consulting with related experience in oversight in technical programs fluency in English and Arabic is a must Kurdish language is a plus.
The technical director is responsible for the successful implementation of the program and its work packages.
- Working with the Program Director to ensure that Project Management Documents are in place and updated including Work Plan, M&E Plan, and Scope of Work for Partners and Consultants
- Coordinate with different partners on the ground and follow up on project implementation activities and deliverables
- Coordinate with the communication team to develop communication material, fact sheets, leaflets, and other communication material for website
- Attend and document the donor coordination meetings in Iraq – working with FAO, EU and other donor agencies
- Develop and submit progress reports for circulation among implementation partners
- Set the overall technical direction of the project related to greenhouse protected agriculture, open field cultivation, and value chains improvements
- Coach and support technical teams in the application of their duties to ensure timely and cost-effective project delivery
- Develop scopes of work for technical experts who serve on project assignments and studies
- Review and comment on technical delivery of study missions
- Oversight of data collection and inputs and outputs analysis
- Organize field and demonstration days
Qualifications and Skills:
- A master’s degree in relevant background (plant protection, agriculture economics, value chain in the horticulture sector, or other relevant education)
- 10 - 15 years of experience in development projects, management consulting with related experience in oversight in technical programs
- Program management experience and working with different donor groups on development implementation programs
- Experience in capacity building of counterpart groups, empowering stakeholders, partnering with businesses, and building capacity and skills of individuals to prepare them to execute their jobs
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art innovations and technologies in the cultivation and postharvest systems
- Conceptualization – the specialist should demonstrate abilities in clearly identifying the issues, develop approaches and ideas for addressing the issues, communicate these approaches and ideas to gain support for implementation
- Excellent writing and presentation capabilities – These skills are usually connecting to the thinking and analytical approach. Ability to put things clearly in writing either through narrative description, presentation, analytical matrices, and graphics and communicating them to different audience is a requirement for program management and effective communication
- Ability to travel as needed
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Kurdish language is a plus.
- Communication – developing a consistent, clear and proactive communications style is essential to work with partners and beneficiaries.
- Flexibility and openness to learn new things, reach out to different people, explore new approaches, recognize weaknesses and adopt actions to mitigate them.
- Ability to work with a team of diversified background, bring common themes, and communicate clearly project requirements.
- Detailed oriented - A very important trait in delegation and communication with the team, developing plans, and focusing on critical things that may affect outcomes and implementation.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.