MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Officer for an international development consultancy in Erbil. Minimum 7 years of experience in procurement and logistics for development programs and projects. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
- The Logistics Officer will provide and coordinate logistics support to project activities as well as mobilize resources to support implementation of project.
- Manages supply chain and logistics operations including management of logistics assets, materials, equipment, goods and services
- Responsible for establishing the procurement system and coordinating with the different entities and governmental agencies to enter materials and supplies to Iraq
- Develop paperwork in accordance to local requirements for entering materials and supplies to Iraq
- Follow-up on purchase orders status, estimated time of delivery, and any changes that may affect delivery conditions and ensure all received merchandise are in good condition
- Establish and regularly upgrade an asset inventory list
- Responsible for setting up the office including completing required paperwork for registering the office at the relevant governmental entity
- Facilitate travel arrangements and logistics for visiting missions
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Public Administration or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience in procurement and logistics for development programs and projects
- Experience in working with Iraqi government agencies (both at the national and local levels)
- Knowledge of security requirements in different regions
- Strong computer skills including working on MS office software
- Ability to travel as needed
- Fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Result-oriented and efficient in meeting commitments and deadlines and achieving results
- Excellent communication skills including writing, verbal and interpersonal relations, and cross-cultural communication
- Ability to work well in team settings and ensure good conveyance of information to relevant parties
- Problem solving skills – ability to use knowledge to find solutions and answers to any obstacle or challenge that might be encountered
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process