MSELECT is looking to hire an Internal Auditor for an FMCG distribution client in Baghdad. Candidates must have at least 4 years experience in a related field, FMCG experience is a preferable. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Scope of Work
Draw a standard internal control and internal audit policies and evaluate the organization’s operations as per internal control polices, provide organization with guidance on financial accuracy, regulatory compliance etc. Internal Auditor examine and improve operating practices, and financial and risk management processes of the organization. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting/ auditing procedures and a sound judgement.
- Should have the ability to design and implement the internal control and inter audit systems in the organization.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyses and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance when required
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Complete audits on time and submit reports to the management
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
- Coordinate periodical audits
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance; master’s degree and professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) are pluses
- 4 - 6 years in this field or in related field, FMCG experience is a preferable
- Integrity and reliability
- Sound independent judgement
- Communication Skills.
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven working experience as Senior Auditor
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.