MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas client in Basra for a Well Services Senior Well Site Leader, the candidiate must have 5 Years experience of working as a senior field engineer or equivalent position, the position is on fixed rotation, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The role is responsible for the safe and efficient operations in the field, working closely with all departments. The job holder will also be responsible for the supervision, mentoring and training of the WSL and WSL trainees within the department.
- Support the department in the day to day operations and responsibilities.
- Mentor and provide on-the job training to WSL and WSL trainees.
- Overview/Input the Wells Team Leaders planning and scheduling of services, materials and logistics.
- Maintain close working relationship with all contractors at the well site.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with the Site Safety Management System.
- Provide daily reports detailing operations from assigned locations.
- Have the ability to write and develop WS programs.
- Have the ability to prepare and present all the pre-job meetings for any non-routine jobs.
- Have the ability to prepare and present the post job wash up sessions.
- Have the ability to identify / record & keep register for all lessons learned.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations on the well site, and ensure compliance with all Safety, Operational and/or Technical policies, standards & procedures.
- Have the ability to generate, collect and register all incident / failure report, and be able to lead / participate any investigation process.
- Capable to manage, evaluate, keep and generate performance records, for everything related to the business including but not limited to people, job performing, etc….
- Be the company safety leader on the worksite and enable all persons to STOP any/all activities if deemed unsafe.
- 5 Years experience of working as a senior field engineer or equivalent position.
- Educated to Bachelor of Science (Physics / Chemistry) or Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- Good communication skills and coaching skills.
- Strong English language skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong team player
- Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas.\
- Flexible approach to work.
- Lead by example.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.