MSELECT is looking to hire an Electrical Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have at least 6-8 years of hands on experience in electrical maintenance. Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
- Carries out Electrical Preventive maintenance activities
- Regular monitoring and rectification of defective equipment
- Disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery
- Carries out independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment
- Responsible for ensuring the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment, performs inspections required by company
- Maximize the reliability and availability of plant equipment at all times
- Carries out routine maintenance on rotating electrical equipment, carries out visual checks of Motor control units, cubicles, Power cables, Glands terminals, Electrical heat tracing equipment, etc.
- Troubleshooting of various types of Electrical equipment and installed static and rotating equipment at client facilities such as Diesel Generator sets, Soft Starters at MCC units, Fire water Motors & controls, Centrifugal & reciprocating Pumps motors, Gear Boxes drive motors, Air Compressors drive motors, Nitrogen Generation motor units, HVAC, Electrical heat tracing, DC Battery systems and charging stations
- Disassembles electrical equipment, replaces parts as directed, and cleans equipment. Ensures integrity of connections joints etc. by using proper electrical instruments as required such as Electrical Insulation resistance, Electrical megger, etc.
- Carries out replacement of bearings as necessary on electrical equipment, varnishes electrical windings, measures necessary electrical parameters and overhauls motors as & when required
- Carries out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements
- This includes checking control & power terminations, grounding of electrical installation, of equipment such as Synchronizing panels, Generators, Motors, Motor control centres & Electrical soft starters etc.
- Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules
- Assists in inspection of equipment for its healthiness
- Strict adherence to plant safety protocols, permit to work system (PTW) and Good housekeeping requirements
- Required to safely perform job as required by wearing safety body harness & SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus)
- Perform Continuous Improvement: Improve Reliability of Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
- Maintain and update the job completion records
- Perform Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis
- Interact closely with all other members of the maintenance Team and ensure smooth operation
- Ensure the KPI of the Maintenance Team is achieved
- Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents
- Requires basic understanding of Cable schedules, Electrical drawings circuits / drawings / prints
- Adhere to the Work Management Process of client procedures
- Implement and demonstrate a clear commitment to HSE policy requirements
- Keep good communication with all employees on HSE Management System matters thru memos, email, bulletin board notification, etc.
- Ensure that adequate safety precautions are taken prior and during any job
- Ensure proper reporting of accidents, incidents, and near misses
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment’s
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical equipment such as Diesel generator, HT/LT Panels, Motor & compressor with control panels, VFD drives, MCC Panels, PLC & UPS System, by using hand tools and power tools
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to maintain or repair the equipment and fixtures
- Maintain all equipment details operational condition and repair/maintenance record
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Able to work well on a team
Qualification & Experiences Required
- Letter of authorization from Asayiah to work as operator in Oil and Gas Company
- College diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant background with respect to practical ability
- Must have 6 to 8 years of hands on experience in Electrical Maintenance of Rotary equipment in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical industry and Electrical Power Plants
- Preventive, Corrective & Shutdown Maintenance of following equipment: Generators, Fire water pumps, Electrical Motors of Low & Medium voltage. HVAC equipment
- Ability to coordinate contractor activities during operation and repair of equipment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Clean driving license
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.