MSELECT is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the Middle East in JV with Government as a partner and be fluent in English.
Head of Supply Chain Dubai and company Country Manager
Direct report from
Contract engineers, Supply chain specialists/leads, buyers, contract officers, contract administration
Finance Mgr, HSSE Mgr, Legal, Admin, Drilling Mgr, Production Mgr, Projects Mgr, Head Supply Chain and Dubai based staff
Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the overall Erbil based supply chain function in order to maximize efficiency and productivity. Lead / manage the day to-day activities of the SCM contracts & procurement, warehousing and logistics sections. Develop & award contracts for services for all areas of Kurdistan Region of Iraq and arrange for purchase of infrastructure, construction, production, maintenance and certain project material required for company including required transport. Liaise with company Technical Services Supply Chain on industry best practices, and contract support on major contracts & purchases. Ensure the warehouse function operates efficiently and eliminates stock discrepancies. Support the Head of Supply Chain in the development of the supply chain function into an efficient and compliant function per local and international best practice. Lead and train of personnel in the Supply Chain Department. Represent company in the Ministry of Natural Resources contract strategy & award meetings when needed.
- Establish Contracting and Procurement, Logistics, Inventory & Material Management, strategies, procedures & work practices;
- Oversees and manages local submissions to Partners and MNR for approval of materials and services purchases, by ensuring appropriate justification and full compliance with the agreed SCM process. From time to time the SCM will take part in MNR meetings regarding such approvals;
- Leads, executes and supervises sensitive, critical and high-value tender activities by participating in the evaluation of proposals and where required, in the negotiations to establish the detailed commercial and pricing implications;
- Ensure department compliance with company and JV requirements along with governance and compliance obligations and ensure an audit trail to secure cost recovery;
- Ensure that development and use of local contractors is given preference when considering strategy development and contract award;
- Safeguard a high level of compliance with company anti-bribery, anti-corruption and money laundering policies;
- Preparation of contract agreements & procurement plans and processing of requests for proposals/tenders;
- Contract administration and performance management;
- Perform tasks associated with assigning / executing in EPICOR purchase order and service contracts;
- Participate in prequalification of contractors and suppliers when required and perform market analysis within relevant contracting & procurement areas. Building strong relation with key customers, contractors and suppliers;
- Verify that HSE requirements under the contract are complied with, enabling monitoring of the quality of Contractor HSE performance and indicate actions to improve performance in conjunction with HSE Manager;
- Establish contractor/supplier performance Key Performance Indicators to assure performance management and evaluation;
- Participate with BU management for any tender opening and presentation that is required by Government & Partner shareholders;
- Leadership and mentoring SCM staff for achieving best results on time;
- Manage materials inventory (storage, preservation, stock count, sales of surplus) and warehouse operations.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- HND and/or Master, preferably technical or BA / MBA.
- 15+ years relevant experience;
- Upstream Oil & Gas Middle East in JV with Government as a partner;
- Good knowledge of Integrated Work Management System in Supply Chain;
- Having represented the JV in Ministry chaired tender boards;
- Demonstrable skills & experience in contract engineering for maintenance, production & projects;
- Skills level of International Procurement Governance;
- Awareness of Best Practices in corporate and project procedures;
- Min 10 years working knowledge in more senior Supply Chain positions;
- Preference for CIPS (or equivalent) certification and experience with other International Oil & Gas Companies.
- Time management skill;
- Leadership and organizational planning skills;
- Strategic thinker;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Team Player but ability to work alone;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a changing business environment;
- Flexible and solution oriented with high personal integrity and high attention to details;
- Ability to handle delicate situations with integrity;
- Ability to multitask and work under stress;
- Hands on.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process