MSELECT is looking to hire a Maintenance Mechanical Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience and fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
The nature of the work involves trouble shooting, skilled maintenance, installation and repair of mechanical equipment’s in assigned field, covering diesel generator sets, multi stage surface pumps, compressor, products process plant, mobile plant, air compressors, heavy equipment, fire equipment, valves, heaters, vessels, workshop machines, lifting equipment, wellhead equipment’s and any other mechanical plant and equipment in assigned field testing & measuring equipment’s, tools and all other to meet the operation.
- Plan activities and obtain necessary PTW, review work assigned and arrange for the necessary transport, material, tools and equipment to complete the task
- Work as necessary in the diagnosis of faults of a more complex nature. Perform the work to ensure that it has been carried out with requirements and that equipment performs satisfactorily
- Carries out assigned routine and preventive and breakdown maintenance tasks
- Diagnoses and rectifies faults on Mechanicals in Wellheads, Flow lines, Plant and Metering station
- Capability to identify require spares and tools for Mechanical item procurement and able to perform Technical evaluation
- Capability to prepare Maintenance Procedures and perform the Maintenance Independently
- Keeps routine records of work completed and completes logs for maintenance work performed
- Makes verbal and/or written reports on work performed
- Issues comprehensive periodic reports outlining the cause of the fault, the nature of the work and the materials to complete task
- Ensures all tools and test equipment are kept clean and serviceable, and advice Supervisor of spare parts requirements
- Ensures that all maintenance activities are conducted within company standing instructions and procedures and good oil industry practices
- Observes and follow Company HSE Procedures to ensure work is carried out in a safe manner. Exercise good housekeeping practices
- Should have very good knowledge of various types of PTW systems, JSA, Tool box talks etc.
- Should be aware about hazardous area classification in Oil & Gas industries and safety procedures to be followed while executing maintenance jobs
- Understand & read Schematic and other Engineering drawings, equipment manuals etc.
- Assure environmental compliance in all operations and areas of responsibility
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Degree in Mechanical (Minimum 3 years)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Technical Expertise: Expertise in plant Maintenance and the plant equipment trouble shooting. Strong in maintenance program, Documentation and inventory. Strong in HSE standards and implementing an HSE program
- Professional Skills: Mature, organized and able to handle multiple projects effectively. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential. Cultural sensitivity for nationals and expats
- Language Skills: Spoken and Written English is essential
- Must be available to work on off-shift hours, on a project or emergency basis
- Other: (preferences) driver’s license
- Ability to work in team
- Make positive contribution to day to day working
- Must be honest in his/her work
- Good communication
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.