MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas company in Basra a Control of Work Coach, minimum 5 years of experience in operational and/or HSE disciplines, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
A member of the Control of Work Team, performing the role as a
Coach and Mentor to the Shift Teams and Contractor Performing
Reporting to the CoW Team Leader with the day to day responsibility
for assisting the Shift Teams and Performing Authorities across all
operating facilities to understand and apply the CoW Management
- Responsible for Coaching & Mentoring of Shift Teams and
- Contractor Performing Authorities involved in the execution of
- Control of Work activities across all operating facilities.
- Understanding the requirements of the CoW/HSE Procedures and ensuring these are being applied and followed all the time
- Support Work Planning stage, Job/Task Descriptions and
- identification of Hazards and Controls to ensure that all tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supports the Control of Work Team by conducting a minimum 12
- HITRA & Permit Audits per month.
- Updating all the shift teams whenever the CoW procedures is modified and updated.
- Support the CoW TL to conduct the competency assessment for all the new Area Authorities
- Responsible for assisting the Site Engineer to conduct the mandatory Daily Planning Meetings at their assigned DSs / CPS.
- Responsible for interventions in case personnel not comply with the CoW Management System requirements.
- Reporting Incident and shearing Lessons Learned to all required parties
- Participate in Incident investigation
- Operations and/or HSE skills and competency
- Engineering University Educated
- Nebosh or similar qualification certified.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English language skills
- Capability to train, coach and mentor the workforce
- Good IT skills and abilities (Word, Power Point & Excel)
- A minimum 5 years of Experience in Operational and/or HSE disciplines
- Strong understanding of Safe Working Practices
- Knowledge of Permit to Work Systems and CoW Systems
- Good interpersonal skills and behaviours (Safety, Respect, Courage, Excellence, One Team)
- Proven track record and evidence of working within a simila environment
- Effective influencing, communication and engagement skills across a diverse functional organisation.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.