MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas company in Basra a Logistics Team Lead, 10 years of experience in the same position is requested, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
Be Responsible for the development and management of the company strategic supplier relationships associated with logistic activities.
Lead Logistics operations, projects and initiatives to optimize transportation and distribution and improve customer service whilst minimizing cost.
- Direct reports include the Expeditors, Logistics Assistants and Freight Forwarding Contractor
- Manages category procurement and supply chain management process for the ROO assigned logistics services, including the development of key performance objectives for the category and for suppliers
- Manages activities of distribution centers with needs and requirements of Supply Chain to ensure proper execution of customer delivery
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise.
- Establishes short and long-term logistics objectives consistent with Organizational strategy
- Supports the design and implementation of international and domestic supply chain solutions.
- Identifies leading and lagging metrics to be applied to specific contracts and ensure that their output is measured and followed –up as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Proactively identifies and establishes continuous improvements and total cost reduction opportunities for logistics in close co-operation with strategic/core suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with international customs requirements and appropriate regulatory authorities
- Creates and enables high-performing teams
- Promotes compliance with ROO’s code of conduct
- Promotes achievement of Safety and Operating integrity
- Track record of successful PSCM delivery in complex, challenging international upstream environments and Joint Ventures
- Strong leadership behaviours
- Strong understanding of logistics operations, consolidation, custom clearance and shipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal clients
- University degree or equivalent.
- 10 years upstream Oil and Gas experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to apply these at all levels of the organization.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.