MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Manager for an international oil operator in Erbil. Minimum 6 years of related logistics management experience in the oil and gas industry, fluency in English is a must.
- Oversees warehouse, inventory control, material handling, transportation and freight forwarding.
- Allocates physical and human resources between operation areas
- Plans, manages and evaluates logistics operations leasing with internal departments (drilling, operations, production etc), suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies
- Develops and maintains up to date logistics procedures on warehouse management, inventory control, transportation
- Ensures appropriate stock/inventory levels eliminating excessive, obsolete or off spec material
- Ensures the integrity of inventory accuracy and manages stock movements
- Develops and maintains transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
- Negotiates rates with transportation and logistics providers
- Recommends optimal transport routes and modes
- Ensures compliance with import/export customs regulations
- Resolves any arising problems and challenges relating to logistics
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 6 years of related logistics management experience
- High professional education degree is required
- Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
- Fluent English
- Advanced user of MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Visio
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.