MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling Cost Controller for an international oil operator in Erbil. Minimum 4 years’ experience within the oil & gas drilling industry, Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
- Preparing, tracking, analysis and reports on project costs / AFEs / budget and checking and approval of invoices associated with the execution of well projects. Ensures operational and project expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored.
- Responsible to contribute to the AFE submission process, manages well costs and prepares forecasts, checks and approves invoices, etc.
- Responsible to assist procurement and commercial part of supply activities required to support drilling, completion and workover operations.
- Report on actual spend by contractor and supplier.
- Monitor spends by category and contractor versus budget.
- Provides and gives work direction to less experienced colleagues, etc. openly shares knowledge.
- Should be comfortable with meeting short deadlines and have the ability to timely deliver a quality product. Support to drilling team for daily well cost follow-up.
- Organize regular cost review meetings with budget responsible to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
- Follow-up service contract related to Drilling/WO Rig & Associated Services.
- Make sure all the cost control processes are compliant with supply chain and financial procedures.
- Respond to queries raised by auditors (internal, partners etc.), internal control, vendors etc.
- Continuous interactions Internally with Drilling, Supply Chain, Financial department and externally with Service Companies
Experience, qualifications and skills
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in Cost controlling with Drilling department
- High professional education degree is required.
- Good understanding of drilling & completion operations.
- Desirable to have hands-on experience of drilling & completion operations.
- Solid understanding of the demand / supply chain process, accounting principles in oil & gas upstream industry.
- Ability to work well with others in a culturally diverse; multi-functional team environment.
- Able to interact effectively with peers; service and contractor representatives.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good accounting knowledge (Cost Allocations / Accruals etc.)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.