MSELECT is looking to hire a Security Advisor for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Minimum 5 years of experience in a law enforcement, military police or related security role. English and Kurdish fluency is a must
Purpose of the Role:
- The Security Advisor (Banan and Zey Gawra) is field-based, highly visible, unarmed, and assigned to the client's Hawler HSSE Department.
- The Security Advisor (Banan and Zey Gawra) provides oversight and guidance 24/7 to the assigned shift security force to ensure client's operational sites are free from theft, vandalism and terrorist acts.
- Serves as a liaison with local communities as requested.
- Selects and utilizes personnel from local communities to act as security guards on Client Hawler operational sites.
- The Security Advisor (Banan and Zey Gawra) monitors guard posts and conducts roving patrol of the work-site areas.
- Provides detailed instructions and procedures to site guards in order to accomplish work objectives in the performance of routine repetitive tasks.
- Takes license numbers of other vehicles on site not adhering to posted speeds or driving in a reckless manner.
- Fosters attitude of deterring theft, pilferage, vandalism, arson, and other acts or crimes against Client Hawler and its subcontractor’s property.
- Monitors, Observes and Reports any and all incidents and suspicious activities in a timely fashion to Security Advisor.
- Spot checks entry and exit control logs and other required documentation to ensure all personnel movements on site are accounted.
- Completes required paperwork in a timely and correct fashion.
- Maintains records for assigned guard shift activities.
Key working relations:
- The position regularly interacts, with office and field based Client Hawler staff, and provides direct management and supervision of local guards on Client Hawler operational sites.
- To liaise closely with the Security Advisor in the day to day duties.
- To report any irregularity and incidents during day to day duties to Security Advisor.
- The position requires maturity, judgment, local community communication skills, and ability to function without direct supervision.
- Handles stressful situations and provides a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Demonstrates professionalism and serves as a role model for Client Hawler.
- To demonstrate situational awareness and alertness at all times during his duty.
- To have full knowledge of his place of duty, including all security measures, access and egress locations for personnel and vehicles, location of security lights, blind spots and attractive items (if applicable).
- Knowledge of threat and key issues in Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI).
Qualification & Experience:
- Good computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Education: Associate Degree preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in law enforcement, military police or related security field. Experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Must be in possession of a Jinsea and or Passport for vetting.
- Must have been cleared through the MOI/ Asaish for vetting.
- Physical: Able to operate for extended periods of time.
- As part of an initially small operation, a willingness to take on tasks that fall outside your core competence in order to ensure continuity as the operation expands in size.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.