MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Technical Safety Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Dubai. Candidates must have 15 years of experience from large (capex) projects within the oil and gas industry and at least 5 years as a Lead Technical Safety Engineer and must be fluent in English.
- Engineering Manager
- Project Manager, QAQC Manager, Engineering Manager, Project team and EPC contractors.
Responsible for providing specialist advice, safety related input and support to Projects on technical Health, Safety and Environmental engineering aspects to design, operational processes, and project team’s activities.
- Update and maintain Kurdistan HSE Design Standards
- Ensuring compliance to safety codes, standards, operating procedures and other safety associated rules and regulations during all phases of the project design and facilities commissioning.
- Safety & risk study tracking and close out
- Lead and/or participate in project safety & risk studies including but not limited to HAZOP / HAZID/ QRA/ PTR /SIL / & Technical Safety Audits
- Participate in Constructability and Operability reviews
- Consequence modeling using PHAST
- Process hazard analyses
- Risk assessment studies
- Safety system modifications design
- Reliability modeling
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determinations;
- Management of changes management. This will also cover Fire and Explosion hazard management as well as process safety
- Coordination with other company project discipline engineering team members and other internal stakeholders.
- Support effective handover and closure of projects and contracts – delivery of Safety Critical Elements
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Technical academic background
- 15 years of experience from large capital expenditure (capex) projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- At least 5 years as a successful Lead Technical Safety Engineer.
- Have a wide range of technical skills and experience but shall have knowledge of practical process techniques and equipment typically 2 & 3 phase separation, crude stabilization, H2S removal and process control techniques.
- Familiar with the design, setting up and mobilization of capex projects and their subsequent execution to successful completion.
- Skilled in Asset Integrity and Process Safety Management
- Familiar with international HSE engineering design standards
- Solid experience of industry standard software tools, in particular Hazard Management Software tools (IE. HazLog, Fred, Phast & Phast Risk, etc.)
- Proven capability in conducting Safety & Risk studies including but not limited to
- HAZOP / HAZID/ QRA/ PTR /SIL / & Technical Safety Audits
- Excellent communication skills when working with cross functional teams within the office to provide safety related input to projects.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to grasp complex issues and convey their resolution to project stakeholders.
- Able to effectively balance the technical and business-related perspectives of the project.
- Hands-on, down-to-earth, practical approach, contributes personally to solve problems and get things done with a sense of urgency.
- Resilient in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process