MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Project Advisor for an international development organization in Baghdad. Candidate must have at least 8 years of experience in a field relevant to the position and excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
Business Climate Improvement & Stakeholder Management
The position holder facilitates the project’s activities (i.e. in the field of business climate improvement) with government entities, assesses the needs and requirements of government offices regarding potential support, and secures sustainable outcomes.
The responsibilities include support to technical planning efforts of the project regarding business climate and investment procedures, support to the preparation of intra-government and inter-government negotiations, as well as direct and indirect advisory services regarding procedural and methodical changes in government offices.
This position includes strategic networking in the public area on behalf of the project’s activities.
Please note: It is expected that the position holder also takes responsibility for the implementation of certain activities. This position needs a pro-active personality.
Implementation The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the project director. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle. A special focus will be on process development and reform.
Furthermore, the position is responsible for results assessment according to CLIENT standard M&E schemes with the preparation of reports and information material.
The position holder will directly consult government offices and additionally will organize consulting schemes with external contractors. Content-wise, fact-based policy making measures and schemes will be leading issues.
The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process.
Strategic Networking and Stakeholder Management The position holder serves as activity coordinator to political partners, national organizations, and beneficiaries. This includes the creation of a strong network, continuous needs assessments, enabling project activities, communicating approaches. Furthermore, the representation of the project and its activities in coordination with the project director, built-up and care for relationships (stakeholder mapping), identification of potential future cooperation partners. The position holder will support all government relation matters of the project.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications Professional experience
- At least Master’s degree in economics, Political Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant fields.
- At least 8 years of work experience in relevant fields (government relations, government offices, international organizations, consulting agencies, investment banks or agencies)
- Background in consultancy is an advantage
- Diplomatic and socials skills are expected.
- Work experience in international development cooperation organizations is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- The applicant must be able to work for the benefit of a team (references requested)
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Office Software literacy
- German language skills are an advantage
- Experienced networker
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process