MSELECT is looking to hire a Welder for an international engineering client in Erbil, 3-5 years knowledge and experience in welding process is requestd, good verbal communication in Kurdish is a must.
- Responsible for welding jobs, hard facing etc
- Carry out the work assigned in accordance with the job card and ensure all quality control checks are performed as per relevant standards or quality plan
- Any other task assigned by the company within his competence
- Comply with workshop EHS Practices
- Weld/Fabricate/Modify equipment as per Instruction
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Fabricate equipment from raw materials
- Maintain operational supplies and order as necessary with prior approval
- Required to work overtime if and when required
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Responsible for training team members
- High School or Equivalent
- Certified to applicable WPQR
- 3-5 Years Knowledge and Experience in Welding Process.
- Knowledge of Engineering symbols and drawings
- NCVT / ITI Welder or equivalent prefered
- Knowledge of 6G pipe welding recommended
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings/blueprints
- Must be able to weld multiple processes
- Good level of understanding Quality Assurance System and its applications
- Good level of understanding HSE System and its applications
- Individual must be able to follow instructions with minimum supervision
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
- Possess the knowledge & experience to weld multiple processes
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team
- Responsible for training team members. Handles special projects, as assigned
Quality & HSE Responsibilities:
- Employees must assume a high level of responsibility to work safely and strive for an incident-free workplace by:
- Complying with the requirements of company Quality and HSE Policy Statement.
- Considering the consequences of their acts on their safety and that of fellow employees.
- Following all general and job related Quality and HSE work procedures and practices.
- Detecting, reporting and correcting unsafe behaviour or conditions and nonconformities.
- Applying Quality and HSE work practices both on and off the job.
- Making or suggesting enhancement to the jobs at hand to reduce or eliminate the risk associated with job performance.
- Reinforcing safe behaviour.
- Working safely and with regard for the environment is a condition of employment and no employee should ever consciously perform an unsafe act.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.