MSELECT is looking for an Senior IT Infrastructure and Support Engineer for an international oil and gas client in Erbil with minimum 8 years of IT experience, consisting of 5 years’ experience in a generalist IT role and 2-3 years’ experience in an enterprise environment, working directly with business departments. Candidates must be fluent in Kurdish and English.
The Sr. Engineer, IT Infrastructure and Support is a key role in supporting the continued stable growth and performance of systems throughout Client during a period of substantial growth. This position is based in Erbil, Kurdistan with expectation of spending at least 75% of time in Erbil. Remaining time could be worked, if necessary, from outside of Kurdistan. This position will work closely with the Client IT team (Manager in Kurdistan, Applications Analyst in Dallas, Texas), and coordinate with corporate IT in Dallas.
Operations and User Support:
- Lead all IT Operations and support for operations in Kurdistan and for remote users, including liaison with outsourced or co-sourced partners. This will include site visits and supervision of End-User Support and Service Desk services, as well as related processes and technologies.
- Lead team / partners to improve and automate core IT Service Management Processes and Services (i.e. Request, Incident, and Problem Management).
- Facilitate management and procurement of IT Assets (Hardware, Software, Services, Domains) and drive Configuration Management principles through Change, Problem, and Incident/Request processes.
- Drive effective IT Cost Improvement through Asset and Service utilization.
- Perform IT delivery quality checks to ensure user satisfaction and continual improvement.
- Provide outstanding customer support to End Users as needed.
- Lead professional development of junior IT personnel.
- In coordination with IT Manager and Client business / functional leaders, lead IT Infrastructure (Server/Network/Storage) support services and project-specific staff.
- Coordinate changes and releases impacting Client Associates with IT across all platforms.
- Plan and coordinate Infrastructure projects; liaise with Client functions and IT (Support, Apps and Security) teams to deliver positive impacts to our business.
- Participate on IT Architecture Review Board to ensure alignment of projects with standards.
- Coordinate Infrastructure Maintenance activities and oversee quality of delivery.
- Lead review and revision of long-term infrastructure plan.
- Lead testing and coordination of IT Disaster Recovery Program in coordination with regional Business Continuity Plans, to ensure systems recovery supports business needs.
- Coordinate and oversee selected internal IT controls and ensure effective operation and improvement.
- Fluent in English and Kurdish (written and spoken).
- BS Computer Science or Business Field required, a master’s degree would be a benefit.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience, consisting of 5 years’ experience in a generalist IT role and 2-3 years’ experience in an enterprise environment, working directly with business departments.
- Experience working internationally or with an international company preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT infrastructure, consisting of: 3 years’ hands-on experience implementing and/or directly supporting systems such as Microsoft Windows (7&10), Active Directory, Cisco networking, Wireless networks (e.g. Cisco/ Meraki, Ubiquiti), Dell hardware (PC, server) and Public/Private cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, Box, Sales force, etc.) in a commercial or equivalent industry set.
- 3 years’ hands-on experience implementing and/or directly supporting a virtual server infrastructure (e.g. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix or equivalent).
- Strong customer-facing and stakeholder experience advocacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Structured approach coupled with strong problem-solving skills.
- Independent, positive, and open-minded work-style.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.