MSELECT is hiring a Personnel Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in Oil & Gas sector and be fluent in English.
- Reports to: Personnel Section Head
- Department: Human Resources
- Section: Personnel Section
The purpose of Personnel Specialist is acting as a lead person in the delivery of human resource services with specific responsibility for implementing personnel policies and regulations; addressing a variety of issues and/or providing general support; overseeing the maintenance of records, files and databases of personnel actions, evaluations, licensure, and tenure; and assisting the Personnel Section Head in ensuring that personnel functions conform to all applicable regulatory requirements., supporting C&B Team in ensuring all components of remuneration program are delivered accurately, timely and in a cost effective manner. Ensuring all employee data and filings are kept up-to-date, in line with legal requirements and internal company policies and procedures.
Staffing & Induction:
- Implementation of process for recruitment and hiring, including but not limited to interview arrangement, employment approval, on-boarding of new hired etc.
- Prepare and conduct orientation for newly hired employees
- Effective Recruitment and selection plan in place & implemented for attracting the high caliber in the market
- Responsible for job offers; this includes preparing them in accordance with the approved salary structures
- Handle new hire orientations
- Follow up with management on new hire performance during the probation period
- Interview selected candidates and explain to them the job requirements
- Write interview assessment report
Maintaining Personnel Policies and Procedures:
- Oversee the implementation of personnel policy and procedures in company
- Provide consultancy for policy and procedures to all the end user departments as enquiry
- Assist section manager to compile, update and review all the policies and procedures
Fulfilling Daily Personnel Management:
- Be responsible for daily personnel management, including labor contract management, probation appraisal & performance appraisal etc.
- Any other task given by line manager
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: All Departments & Assets
- External: BOC, Sub-contractors & Recruitment Agencies etc.
- Minimum Qualifications: University Degree; Prefer Masters in HR or an HR Diploma
- Minimum Experience: 10 plus years of experience in Oil & Gas sector; having Gulf experience preferred
- Able to deal with complex issues
- Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem
- Identify solutions
- Take action and evaluate results
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.