Mselect is looking to hire a Production Accountant for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in an equivalent role within the oil and gas industry. Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities
Basic purpose of the role:
Production Accountant duties will include reporting oil and gas production, entering production data and analyzing production variances. Other tasks include monthly well allocations and tracking changes to locations as applicable. This role will have extensive interaction with field personnel regarding discrepancies. This person will also interact closely with other company disciplines, including those outside of Finance so excellent communication skills are a must. Other projects as assigned.
- Validate production data.
- Enter production data and complete system reconciliations within Oracle.
- Analyze sales volume determinations, meter volume data.
- Support Regulatory reporting requirements and inquiries as needed.
- Assist in internal / external audits and take part in special projects as necessary.
- Provide production accounting guidance to Technical / Operations teams.
- Mentoring of junior staff within the department
- Any other duties as required
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skill.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA / CPA or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience within the oil and gas industry.
- ERP working knowledge
- Experience with Oracle ERP
- Experience with PSC / JOA contracts
- Proactive individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Reports to Finance Director.
- Interacts with Production and Operations internal departments on a daily basis.
- Auditors (internal, external, JV) as required
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.