MSELECT is hiring an Electrical Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years experience in a similar operation in Oil & Gas facilities and be fluent in English.
- Maintenance Section Head
- Operations & Maintenance
- The Electrical Lead will direct, lead, manage and co-ordinate the team of Electrical staff to ensure all Production Operations and Maintenance functions are carried out safely and efficiently in line with the overall Production functional objectives and asset plans.
- Utilize best business practice to provide electrical maintenance, managerial and engineering support to facilitate and enable the facilities and resources being used to optimum effect, safely and effectively, in meeting the company's business needs.
- The Electrical Lead will become involved to lead the setup of Electrical Maintenance Strategy and other systems during the project phase inclusive or CMMS Development and Build.
- Works as Electrical Team Leader to develop and implement long range team goals and to build good working relationships with the other departments.
- Manage the operation of the CPF systems at department level through supervisors and subordinate staff.
- Prepare the repair procedures and all documentation is completed and running appropriately.
- Provide input to detail design studies, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Electrical studies, operation and maintenance procedure development.
- Ensures daily Electrical maintenance activities comply with safety and environmental regulations.
- Communicates and provides information on schedules, daily work activities to management to help in the development of production forecasts.
- Provide input into annual operating budgets.
- Responsible for the review, development and improvement of Electrical procedures include the review of these procedures and ensuring the understanding of the procedures within Maintenance workforce.
- Ensures company Process is being followed for repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Instruction the group members in the aspects of teamwork, such as how the group is to function, and workflows.
- Enforces all policies and procedures, leads by example.
- Audits safety rules and procedures to ensure they are being followed. Complies with company’s FORC program
- Ensures the daily and weekly maintenance schedules and plans are being developed appropriately and are communicated throughout the organizations. Ensure parts are being staged ahead of time for the upcoming work.
- The Electrical Lead attends the daily and weekly schedule meetings in the field.
- Ensures that the Electrical group backlog is up to date and current.
- Audits repair sheets and ensures they are being filled out properly
- Audits daily schedule progress updates in the daily schedule meeting.
- Emergency Response - Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques. Assume Emergency response duties.
- Contract - Maintain effective cost control and promote cost awareness in others.
- Manage parts control, inventories storage record keeping, shipping and receiving by use of CMMS system specific to your discipline area.
- Actual vs. budget estimates within 15% variation
- Timely execution of yearly electrical maintenance plans
- Meeting agreed electrical maintenance targets
- Input to CMMS development and build implementation
- ANY other tasks assigned by line manager
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Maintenance, Projects, Mechanical, Instruments, ICSS, HSSE, Production, Commercial Contracts, technology department
Third Party Contractors, License Partners, BOC, Classification Society
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Technical trade or engineering Diploma in Electrical discipline
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience in a similar operation 3 years as Team Leader role, Oil/Gas facilities and Foreign Environment, Electrical facilities maintenance knowledge, Excellent people management skills, Excellent Communication Skills.
- COMP ex E’x’ Courses
- Preferred courses achieved: Ex Haz Areas, HV Protection and HVLV Switching.
- Excellent practical knowledge of PTW, Electrical Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and Man Management, Power Management System, Generation on LV
- Strong interpersonal skills in influencing and teamwork
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process