MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Inventory Controller for an international oil and gas client in Basrah. the candidate must have at least 10 years experience in Warehouse and Inventory Control operation within oil and gas clients, fluency in English is a must.
Auditing of system process and daily Warehouse transactions submitted by respective supervisor, prepares the proposal of the necessary correction (adjustment) for approvals and take action as per LOA. Monitoring of Inventory flow Movement, within the organization, in terms of Stock Levels (Min-Max), Stock Turnover (Fast – Slow – Non - Critical) and Consumption Rates using Inventory Management Techniques. Follow up the Material Planning and Requisitioning for Min-Max items with users. Set up and coordination of both annual count and cycle count within inventory system plus adjustments required. Suggestions on any item correction required within item master for unit of measurement and description in Liaison with Senior catalogue analyst. Focal point for any queries required by end users pertaining to materials within warehouse inventory.
- Audit Warehouse Systems and Processes and advice corrective measures wherever necessary to improve the efficiency and accuracy of Warehousing and Material Accounting. Ensure that warehouse follows pre-defined procedures in storage / preservation and tagging of inventory items
- Monitor and check all material transactions pertaining to the concerned warehouse on a daily basis.
- Identify items In-Stock and Under-Planning according to Inventory Analysis methods like FSN, ABC, XYZ for the concerned organization.
- Follow up with users the planning and requisition generation for items that have been identified under Min-Max planning. Analyze historic consumption patterns and projected consumption and review Min-Max levels in consultation with end users in order to administer proper Min-Max planning.
- Tracking the Raising of Purchase Requisitions for Min-Max items, as planned, after duly clubbing the same as per Buyer and Tendering requirements and after considering procurement lead time and safety stock. Monitor procurement process for Min-Max requisitions till material is received at warehouse for use. Coordinate and provide technical clarifications required for bidders for Min-Max Requisitions.
- Perform periodic spot checks and verify Physical Stock against Book Values in the Material Accounting System.
- Investigate and advice concerned warehouse to resolve variance between physical stock and system stock values.
- Report on Non-Moving and Slow-Moving stock items and initiate action to help in identifying surplus, obsolete and disposable items no longer required for Petro china operations.
- Carry out related duties such as data collection for statistical reports and assist in general warehouse and stock control activities.
- Plan Annual Inventory Count of concerned Warehouse Inventory along with concerned Warehouse Superintendent and Materials Superintendent and execute the exercise along with members identified by various Partners, MOC and Petro china representatives.
- Carry out the task of Material Adjustment (write up or write off) as the only authorized person for the concerned warehouse / organization based on the approval of Competent Authority as per LOA
Graduate in Science or Commerce OR Completion of Secondary (11 years) education followed by 2 years training leading to a diploma in a technical or Materials management discipline.
5 years’ experience for Graduates OR 10 years’ experience for others, in Warehouse and Inventory Control operation with good knowledge of oil-field related materials
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Good Knowledge of Computer operation and software application.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process