MSELECT is looking to hire a Well Service Senior Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of land-based Well Services & Completions experience and be fluent in English.
Well Service Manager
The Well Services Senior Engineer is the companies engineering focal point for all rig-based and rigless operations. Operations may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Rig-Based. Completions, Well Testing (may include DST), Remedial Cement, Fishing, Filtration & heavy-weight brines, Coiled Tubing, Slickline and Wireline.
- Rigless. All thru-tubing related operations such as Coiled Tubing, Well Testing & Flowback, Slickline, Wireline and Well Integrity related activities such as wellhead/Xmas tree maintenance & repairs.
- The position will be office based with some field activity. Position is also rotational and will cover all well services activities performed across two operating blocks
- The successful candidate understands that he/she will be technically responsible for a very broad scope of work that will ensure the continued and uninterrupted operation of multiple rigs (drilling and workover) as well as a robust rigless intervention program for the well services department.
- He/she will work closely with the various company stakeholders and with all other contractors and service companies, to ensure the safe and successful completion of all operations.
- Ensures the correct design and subsequent job program for all Well Services and Completion activities. Candidate is responsible for the design and subsequent updates to existing designs for all surface and sub-surface completion related equipment.
- Ensures that all engineering simulations have been performed and that a knowledgebase for all activities is consistently updated and improved upon based on lessons learned.
- Ensure that all Completions & Well Services activities:
- have been correctly designed and based on approved SOR’s (statements of requirement),
- are within budgetary guidelines and have been properly risk assessed by all parties,
- are properly and concisely programmed in such a manner to avoid confusion & problems,
- are post-operationally reviewed to distil lessons learned.
Specific HSE Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Well Services activities are designed in accordance with company HSSE standards and expectations with close attention to all well control aspects of job design.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards & procedures.
- Auditing all job programs and technical suggestions from all Well Services related service providers.
- Ensure that all job designs, presentations, and programs are of the highest standard and exhibit exceptional cost control and a best in class service mindset
Key Performance Indicators / Areas
- Design and/or update, program and implement all completion and artificial lift activities
- Provides solutions and possible alternatives for all Well Services related activities and is the owner of the entire process: Well Design, Completion, Testing, Surveillance and Production Improvement.
- Responsible for SOW (scope of work) creation for all contracts related to well services and completions.
Reporting & Liaison
- Job performance, optimization, and post-operational engineering reviews.
- Technical liaison with all service companies to ensure deliverability of correct treatments/services.
- Liaise between all company Well Services field staff and related office-based groups.
- Principal owner of the well services department lessons learned from previous & ongoing operations and works cooperatively with the well services operation’s division on NPT tracking and investigations.
Team Building & Personnel
- Supervision and monitoring of all company Well Services Engineers and on the performance of all 3rd party rig / rigless completion, well engineering and well intervention operations.
- Developing team building with all company and 3rd party service contractor stakeholders to create and promote a culture of openness, involvement, and participation.
- Responsible for the coaching/mentoring and training of any subordinate company staff
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Well Services, Sub-Surface, Drilling, Production, CPL
- Well Services contractors and their sub-contractors
- Service supply companies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 15 years of land-based Well Services & Completions experience with demonstrable evidence of successful lead engineer-type positions held.
- Experience with an E & P operating company is preferable.
- Broad experience working in high-pressure and high-temperature (HPHT) Oil and Gas wells with excellent knowledge and awareness of associated engineering challenges related to the same.
- Candidate is considered an industry expert with several of the following Well Services disciplines:
- Coiled Tubing
- Well Testing
- Filtration & Brines
- Stimulation and Fishing.
- Candidate is technically proficient – with a keen eye on cost-control - and able to present his/her ideas in a clear and concise manner to a very broad audience.
- Very strong technical, computational, operational, and planning abilities coupled with sound decision-making skills.
- Candidate must be operationally aware of the activities that he/she is designing/planning.
- Must have broad and ample experience working in multicultural environments.
- Candidate is a self-motivated individual with very strong communication & interpersonal skills, able to lead a young engineering team of varying disciplines under stressful environmental and operational conditions.
- It is essential that the successful candidate is functional with both Metric & API units of measure.
Minimum BSc or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Extensive computer experience with multiple operating systems/platforms
- Candidate will have considerable experience with the Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and be adept at designing templates and documents based on the same
- Extensive experience with various 3rd party simulation/monitoring packages such as OpenWells, WellCat, Cerberus, Circa/Cycle, Perform to name a few.
- Candidate must be fluent in the English language and able to speak & write accurately & effectively.
- Candidate must have completed an H2S awareness course as well as basic First Aid & Firefighting.
- A valid IWCF Level-4 Drilling and/or Well Intervention Well Control Certificate in API units is essential.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process