MSELECT is looking to hire a Community Liaison Officer for an international oil client in Erbil. 3 years experience in community issues concerns and the local dynamic and leadership/ influences/ decision makers, fluency in Kurdish and English is a must.
Support International Oil Company (IOC)’s Stakeholder and Community Engagements in the block areas.
- Build and maintain positive relations with local communities, community leaders and local officials to ensure support to IOC’s operations in the area
- Monitor and proactively report to management any community issues that may impact operations
- Receive and track community complaints and work with relevant IOC employees and contractors to timely address received grievances. Deliver responses to community complaints, queries and request
- Update local communities on operations status, milestones, progress and issues as appropriate through informal meetings, one-on-one discussions, town halls or focus groups as necessary
- Participate in community training and social monitoring exercises as part of community outreach progra
- In coordination with Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) team assist in identifying opportunities for social investments and implementation of such projects
- Assist in the development of communications material
- Assist in development of and management of stakeholder engagement database
- Ensure regulatory compliance as required
- Update the local content sheet and work with IOC service providers at the site and make sure the local hiring process meet the requirement.
- University Graduate
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good background about Sarta block areas
- Prior Community Engagement experience
- Understanding of the community issues, concerns and the local dynamic and leadership/ influences/ decision makers
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted as part of the screening process.