- The position holder is responsible for:
- The implementation of the project’s activities in its Field of Action (FoA) 6 – “psycho-social counselling and cultural integration projects” and Field of Action (FoA) 4 – qualifications & Labor Market Measures.
- In its FoA 6 the project aims to integrate young people and returning refugees into social networks which shall increase their chances to find jobs and other perspectives for their lives in Iraq. The current approach entails support to local integrative networks such as those organized by students, journalists, artists, young people, as well as selected sport and leisure (historians etc.) groups.
- In its FoA 4, the project aims to implement needs-oriented employment promotion measures and improve the range of such services available for young people including returnees.
- The responsibilities include support to technical planning efforts especially with local, practical, and academic knowledge. Identification of relevant stakeholders and beneficiaries. Planning and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation measures (M&E). The coordination and quality control of consultants and contracted researchers.
3. Coordination & Identification of Stakeholders
The position holder serves as liaison officer and activity coordinator to political partners, national organizations, and beneficiaries. This includes representing the project and its activities, built-up and care for relationships, identification of potential cooperation partners, and being the contact person for administrative and political office holders to the project.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Academic degree in relevant fields such as (but not exclusively) in psychology, social care, social sciences, community work, business administration.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the field of social work, community work, youth mobilization, social or psychological counselling, journalism and/or employment promotion.
- Proven experiences in supporting development cooperation efforts in the field of youth skills advancement, youth organizations, social counselling. Practical knowledge of employment promotion measures is an advantage.
- Proven work experience in international development cooperation organizations is an advantage.
- Experiences coordinating activities with NGOs, students, art groups, journalist unions. An existing network in the named fields of work is a distinct advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiency are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Management experience of small teams or contractors is an advantage.
- Office Software literacy.
- German language skills are an advantage.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time.