MSELECT is looking to hire a Project Coordinator for an international development organization in Baghdad. Candidate must have at least 4 years of relevant experience and fluent in English and Arabic.
The project support young people and voluntarily returning refugees to improve their employability in selected labor markets, through skill development efforts such as vocational training as well as sustainable job placement measures with existing organizations. Young people are supported on two levels – to gain valuable skills and to find potential employers.
Supporting the project staff in identifying returnees and include them into the project’s activities.
Designing and implementing job placement and entrepreneurship support activities that respond to the returnees and market needs.
Follow up on all returning refugees related activities and tasks.
Planning and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation measures (M&E).
Reporting on all returnee’s activities within the project.
- The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the international field of action head.
- This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
- The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process. Especially stakeholder identification and mapping activities and local research efforts
- Furthermore, the position is responsible for results assessment according to organization standard M&E schemes with the preparation of reports and public relation material.
- The position holder serves as returnee’s activity coordinator within the project. This includes engaging referred returnees into different project activities.
- In addition to identifying new approach to identify returnees.
- The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
- Academic degree in relevant fields such as (but not exclusively) in social sciences, political science, economics, management.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field of labor market measures such as job placement and vocational qualification/ training ideally aimed at young people.
- Proven experiences in supporting development cooperation efforts in the field of youth employment, youth skills advancement, youth organizations. Practical knowledge of gender equality measures is an advantage.
- Very good coordination and communication skills.
- Proven work experience in international development cooperation organizations is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Office Software literacy.
- German language skills are an advantage.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time.