Mselect is looking to hire a Finance Assistant for an international development organization in Erbil. 2-4 years of relevant experience is required. Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
- Assists to ensure that the financial administration at the office functions in accordance with the Client standard procedures and regulations.
- Dealing with questions arising in this area concerning finance related issues.
- Further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change.
- Deals with cash payments and deposits, with an emphasis to organizational procedures and regulations, and ensures the client cash management rules are followed.
- Manages the cash boxes, oversees the booking of all financial transactions in the electronic cash and bankbooks, daily.
- Identifies cash requirements, and processes cash withdrawals following an imprest system.
- Prepares payment vouchers and ensures all relevant supporting documents are attached.
- Codes all expenditures following the standard Client chart of accounts, or coded budget and record to the electronic cash and bank books daily and ensures weekly review.
- Compiles cash and bank reconciliations.
- Follows Clients financial procedures and timely sends all accounting documents to the Service Unit accountant.
- Follows up financial indicators of the program.
- Assists to monitor receivables and payables and compiles resettlement vouchers.
- Ensures compliance and adherence with GAAPs and client’s policies and standard accounting practices.
- Keeps the office safe, safe keys, cash and other assets in a secure and protected place.
- Assists to maintain an inventory of the program assets and consumables.
- Assists to calculate fuel consumption checks of project vehicles.
- Reports all problems with financial administration, procurement and compliance without delay.
- Files vouchers and documents in accordance with client’s rules and regulations.
- Scans all vouchers on monthly basis, before submitting to the Service Unit.
- Supports administrative and other staff to ensure cash related rules are implemented.
Other duties/additional tasks:
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related subject.
- A very good knowledge of the Arabic language, both written and spoken.
- Outstanding communicator, both in English and Kurdish.
- Good organization skills.
- Previous cash management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and E-mail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in teams with diversity of background, skills, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to be creative and strategic for effective planning, problem solving and decision making.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.