MSELECT is hiring a Logistics Field Officer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience and fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
ROLES REPORTING INTO THE ROLE:
- Mechanical team, Local Translators, Logistics assistants
Supervises onshore logistics operations undertaken by company and ensures the safe and successful execution of drilling programmes.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supervises all logistics, equipment and materials movements to and from the work site.
- Responsible for the accuracy of information in the daily logistics reports and in other communications with the onshore Wells team.
- Supervises and supports all logistics activities in conjunction with the rig team.
- Supports the well operational drilling activities of Wells team members in the field
- Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials and services required for activities under company control.
- Supervises the utilities provision (fuel/water/etc.) and ensures activities are undertaken safely and in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Manages the inventory control system
- Ensures the timely shipping of material and personnel to and from the rig.
- Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures if specified by the Drilling Superintendent.
- Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost savings.
- Trains junior logistics personnel on the rig
- Manages the onsite mechanical team
- Manages water provision infrastructure
- Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor’s Safety Assessment for any non-routine operations on the rig.
- Participates in rig Safety Meetings, Safety Management System and encourages the use of the behavioral safety system.
- Ensures company Policies, Procedures and Guidance Documents are implemented as appropriate.
- Demonstrable track record in the role
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrable asset inventory tracking experience (with applicable software packages)
- Drilling material familiarization
- Driving license Preferred
- Warehousing qualifications
- Supply chain experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the role
- Fluent English speaker
- Computer literate
- Fluent Kurdish Speaker Preferred
- Maximo and Oracle experience
- Willingness to work extended periods as required
- Supply Chain personnel
- Drilling Supervisor
- HSSE Representative
- Drilling Manager
- Drilling Contractor
- Operations Department
- Security Department
- Service Companies