MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Electrical Technician for an International oil operator in Erbil, min 12 to 16 years of experience in the same field is requested, Fluency in Kurdish, English and Arabic is a must.
Purpose of the Role:
Carries out Electrical Preventive maintenance activities and troubleshooting of various types of
Electrical equipment installed at company facilities such as PLC Controlled system,
Electrical power system, Distribution system, Low voltage switchgear, Medium Voltage switchgear, High Voltage motors, Distribution transformers, MCC, DC Power supply, VFD drive panel, Uninterrupted power systems, Diesel Generating systems, Compressors drive units
& N2 Generation system &; firefighting system with in Oil & Gas facility related to Oil Production and transportation. This includes regular monitoring and rectification of defective
equipment, disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery. Carries out independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment.
Key working relations
- Responsible for ensuring the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment, performs inspections required by company.
- Maximize the Reliability & Availability of plant equipment at all times.
- Carries out routine maintenance on rotating electrical equipment, carries out visual checks of Motor control units, Power cables, Cable glanding, Electrical heat tracing equipment. etc. Disassembles electrical equipment, replaces parts as directed, and cleans equipment. Ensures integrity of connections joints etc by using proper electrical instruments as required such as Electrical Insulation resistance, Electrical megger, etc.
- Carries out replacement of bearings as necessary on electrical equipment, varnishes electrical windings, measures necessary electrical parameters and overhauls motors as & when required.
- Carries out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes checking control & power terminations, grounding of electrical installation, of equipment such as Synchronizing panels, Generators, Motors, Motor control centers & Electrical soft starters etc.
- Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries our complete overhaul rotating equipment. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.7
- Assists in inspection of equipment for its healthiness.
- Strict Adherence to Plant Safety Protocols, permit to Work system (PTW) & Good housekeeping requirements.
- Required to perform job as required by wearing safety body harness & SCBA (self- contained breathing apparatus)
- Perform Continuous Improvement: Improve Reliability of Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
- Maintain / Update the job completion records.
- Perform Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis.
- Interact closely with all other members of the maintenance Team and ensure smooth operation.
- Ensure the KPI of the Maintenance Team is achieved.
- Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
- Requires basic understanding of Cable schedules, Electrical drawings circuits / drawings / prints.
- Adhere to the Work Management Process of company procedures
- Maintenance Supervisor and Production Supervisor
- Production team and other company departments
- Equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Service company representatives
Qualification and Experience
- Good command of English, excellent Kurdish and Arabic
- Able to interact with personnel and maintain effective relations in a multi-cultural, multi- ethnic environment
- Conduct one-self in a professional manner
- Record anomalies in log book and equipment history file
Hand on Experience required on the following equipment
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum Experience of 12 to 16 years’ hands on experience in Electrical Maintenance of Rotary equipment in Oil/Gas Petrochemical industry, Electrical Power Plant which includes – preventive, Corrective & Shutdown Maintenance of Following Equipment: Generators, fire water pumps, electrical motors of low & medium voltage. HVAC equipment. Knowledge/ hand on experience of variable frequency drive units. EXP starting system.
- Able to communicate with production operators to determine equipment faults
- Experience testing electric motors, associated cables for defects and repair electrical devices Work to a recognized standard
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process
- Air compressors package – Boge, Ingersoll Rand, &Comp Air.
- N2 Generator/Production Units- Sinergia & Generon.
- Electrical Motors- ABB Motors, English electric, US Electric, Etc.
- Generator Sets – Cummins, Perkins, Doosan, Caterpillar & Volvo.
- Controls – PLC System, ABB Generator Controls, Emerson VFD Controls & HMI
- interface settings.
- RO & Utility water systems.
- Pumps – Flowserv, Lowara, Goulds etc
- Firefighting system – Clarke pumping controls / John Deere,
- Steam Boiler/ Heat Exchanger
- Static equipment like vessels, tanks, coolers etc.