BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Provide support to the leadership in consolidating the requirements defined by the “Flawless Shutdown and Start-Up” philosophy and goals specific to the surface process facilities within the company’s asset.
- Enhance business value through the application of Continuous Improvement methodology for the identification and execution of opportunities to reduce the overall proposed planned shutdown period
- Undertake work in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Develop detailed shutdown activity workpacks and associated material requisitions
- Ensure surveys of the worksite are undertaken as necessary to develop the required detailed workpacks
- Liaise and attend meetings with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, third parties, vendors or design institutes as necessary to meet delivery dates
- Review & control activities carried out by third parties or vendors are according to procedures
- Undertake tasks on behalf of the Start-Up & Shutdown Manager as directed
- Promote the understanding & application of risk management techniques
- Ensure a timely response to all third parties and contractors on shutdown activity issues
- Maintain quality and procedural compliance
- Monitor progress, preparation of deliverables - participation in project, system, process reviews and audits
- Assist the Start-Up & Shutdown Manager in delivering the following;
- Develop robust short and long-term work scopes to ensure that all referenced work is completed for the enhancement of the reliability and profitability of the facility.
- Develop, communicate and execute the above work scopes in cooperation with the Planning Department
- Review and provide feedback on detailed technical assessment reports for the optimisation of new and existing systems, including recommendations for remedial and long-term action plans, prior to forwarding to Management
- Respond quickly to challenging and varying production-related business interruptions as defined by the Operations, Drilling and Reservoir Engineering Groups
- Encourage, and provide direction for, a multi-faceted continuous professional development programme for Trainees
- Assure the timely delivery of the Engineering and Maintenance group remit
- Identify, investigate and deliver on the shutdown and Start-Up-specific risks associated with the application of new process technology / systems as driven by the company’s business objectives
- Oversight and direction relevant to the planning and technical aspects of the Maintenance Engineering functions that support the delivery of the business objectives specific to major shutdown / Start-Up activities
- Strategic thinking for the alignment of Engineering and Maintenance objectives with the business needs and objectives
- Continuous Improvement for Flawless Shutdown / Start-Up delivery
- This is an Engineer level entry position with the intent for development in the field of Engineering and Maintenance Shutdown and Start-Up Management
- Reporting to the "Shutdown & Start-Up Manager", the intent of this position is to advance knowledge, and capacity to demonstrate full competence in all activities associated with Facility Shutdown & Start- Up activities.
- Degree Qualified in a recognised engineering discipline (i.e. Instruments, Electrical, Mechanical or Process).
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in sour hydrocarbon facility shutdown activities and engineering support.
- Minimum of five years engineering experience in an oil / gas, petrochemical processing, industrial manufacturing or power generation facilities
- Previous working experience within the Middle East - preferably Iraq and KRG
- Minimum of five years of process plant / maintenance operations experience
- Experience of plant maintenance mangement systems (Maximo / SAP / Oracle etc)
- Strong engineering & maintenance aptitude required; prefer past experience within engineering and maintenance
- Personally resilient, flexible, self-confident, assertive and have the ability to motivate
- Team-building skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Capabilities in dealing with a multi-national workforce both within and external to company
- Good time management
- Plan and organize work load effectivelly
- Computer literate with a range of applications
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Accurate and pays attention to detail
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.