MSELECT is looking to hire a Well Services Technical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah, previous experience in the same role with oil companies is requested, the position is primarily office based but with frequent field visits and occasional travel for training or workshops, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Well Services Technical Engineers are a key developmental position within the organisation in the promoting and developing streamlined business processes and providing essential business support. The position is primarily office based but with frequent field visits and occasional travel for training or workshops.
Key roles and responsibilities include
- Assisting with Well Services data management.
- Assisting with the management and monitoring of well Services key performance indicators.
- Assist with the compilation of operational work programmes.
- Contribute to the publishing, tracking and distribution of Well Services standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Support and coordinate engineering and office based works.
- Support and coordinate lessons learned transfer within the team.
- Support the team in preparation of technical illustrations & reports.
- Facilitate and lead technical meetings.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
- Have a demonstrable track record in a previous position.
- Be engineering or science graduates.
- Possess a good level of aptitude in Arabic & English (both verbal and written).
- Have excellent communication skills together with effective high level organisational skills.
- Have a good level of computing skills spanning most widely used MS Office (Word, Excel (macros), Outlook, power point, access) applications.
- Demonstrate an analytical, logical and methodical attitude and approach.
- Show good attitude and compliance to support the work.
- Have an amiable and enthusiastic personality with an eagerness for learning.
- Able to work flexible hours/days/shifts.
- Be based in the Basra area.
- A technical background would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of analytical software such as Power BI would also be advantageous