MSELECT is looking to hire an Investment Analyst for a global investment advisory firm in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in top tier banking, consulting, private equity and be fluent in English and Arabic.
Analysts help to identify and evaluate investment opportunities, conduct macroeconomic markets assessments, and provide investment transaction support. The company is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills: candidates should have 1-3 years of experience working in high caliber finance or consulting organizations and an interest in having an impact in frontier markets. Experience and background in developing countries, particularly in the Middle East, will be regarded favorably.
- Company identification and evaluation
- Identify and rigorously assess investment opportunities
- Transaction support
- Assist, and often lead, a team in supporting complex transactions
- Perform various analyses under tight deadlines which require technical and qualitative skills, including proficiency in MS Excel for modeling, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Conduct macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Analyze high potential sectors for investment
- Investor qualification and relations
- Assist in identifying qualified investors
- Develop and manage numerous investor relationships
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in top tier banking, consulting, private equity or similar
- Experience working in MENA including Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, or Egypt
- Experience working in fast-moving, entrepreneurial environments
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain tasks
- Strong finance/commercial background – familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline – ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issue
- Experience with high-quality slide design and storyboarding
- Excellent presentation skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Possesses tangible grit, seeks differentiation by intentionally taking self-outside of comfort zone physically, culturally and intellectually
- Demonstrated fluency in English and Arabic is strongly preferred, Kurdish is a bonus
- Candidates will join our team in Erbil, Iraq office.
- This role will involve travel around Iraq and the wider MENA region.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process