MSELECT is looking to hire a Cost Accountant for an oil services company in Erbil. Candidates must have 8 years minimum Accounting experience, 5 years minimum in a Supervisory role. Very Strong Excel capabilities, cost analysis experience with construction companies, ERP Experience preferred.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The Cost Accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management in an accurate, timely and concise manner.
Primary Job Duties:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of project activities (EPC) such as engineering, pre-fabrication, procurement, labor, construction, etc.
- Evaluate project economics during bid proposals, and after award and implementation
- Creating and implementing project cash flow for engineering, pre-fabrication, procurement, labor, construction, etc.
- Creating and implementing project balance sheets & P&L for engineering, pre-fabrication, procurement, labor, construction, etc.
- Analysis of variance for ongoing projects, daily, weekly, and monthly with budgeted vs. actuals
- Demonstrate technical proficiency to effectively research and document accounting policy and guidance related to business operations, projections and transactions on behalf of the company
- Create systems to manage financial, procurement and pricing data
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed project costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Manage External Audits on behalf of the company
- Update Internal and External Policies
- Minimum of 8 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Construction Environment, 5 years in a Supervisory role
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
- Computer Literate – Very strong Excel skills capable with Word and Accounting software. Knowledge of ERP systems preferred
- Experience working with Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Excellent communication skills including full fluency in English.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.