MSELECT is looking to hire a Production Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have 20 years previous experience in production working on oil and gas processes including minimum of 5 years as production supervisors.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible to the Facility Manager for the safe, efficient & cost-effective operation of the site in Kurdistan region of Iraq. They will lead the production team in all aspects of oil production, oil storage and oil export. Operate a well-site production plant and associated systems in a safe, environmentally, sound and efficient manner as directed by the Facility Manager.
Job Specific Duties:
- Site focal point for all production operation activities.
- Meet or exceed installation hydrocarbon production targets and plans through safe, efficient and effective operation of the facility.
- Monitor and operate all plant equipment Intervene to prevent upset and unsafe conditions occurring.
- In depth knowledge of DCS/SCADA and Fire & Gas Panels.
- Understand PSD/ESD/F&G systems and processes.
- Able to work in and understand the limitations of extreme weather.
- Lead by example and guide the production operators in best safe practices.
- Regulate and optimise chemical usage and maintain chemical inventory.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in areas of responsibility and facility in general.
- Identify variations in production plant performance and effectively address each situation.
- Properly document and accurately report all operational readings, adjustments, and inspections.
- Input to the daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepare all permits for designated areas of responsibility.
- Assume role of Performing Authority when required.
- Perform process isolations/de-isolations as required.
- Ability to review technical manuals, cause and effects and P&ID drawings.
- Train and mentor trainee Operators.
- Undertake training as offered by the company.
- Comprehensive written and verbal handovers.
- Review and update Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to safe systems of work and procedures. Comply with existing Company standards.
- Key member of the emergency response team and comply with Company Emergency. Response Procedures and plans.
- Participates in project document review and HAZOP’s
- Supervision contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Applicates must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates ideally have 20 years previous experience in production working on oil and gas processes including minimum of 5 years as production supervisors.
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC / HND / relevant Degree or equivalent vocational qualification.
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written. Be computer literate and have experience of Maintenance and Material Management systems.
- Experienced in coaching nationals to a competency program.
- Industrial training assessor qualification preferred.
- Work well within an international and multi-cultural environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.