MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have 20 years previous experience in mechanical maintenance role with exposure to all aspects of maintenance in oil and gas processes.
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor for the safe, efficient & cost-effective operation of site. They will perform preventive and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on mechanical, utilities and associated systems and equipment. Remote site and camp-based position requiring the candidate to work 2 weeks on shift by 2 weeks off rotation.
Job Specific Duties:
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of allocated asset, static and rotating mechanical equipment and associated systems.
- Implementing planned maintenance programme directly reporting to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain Diesel Power Generators.
- Pump maintenance and alignment.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximise equipment availability, identify spares requirement and initiate ordering of same.
- Monitoring and controlling works by vendors/contractors within his/her remit.
- Act as Performing Authority in the PTW system.
- Conducted mechanical isolations and de-isolations.
- Carry out planned and corrective maintenance.
- Update and maintain the maintenance management system.
- Raise work permits and preparing work-packs, as appropriate to progress work, also for vendors and contractors.
- Develop trainee training material.
- Mentor and coach for national trainees.
- Applicates must be self-motivated, proactive and able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates ideally have 20 years previous experience in mechanical maintenance role with exposure to all aspects of maintenance in oil and gas processes.
- Worked under strict Government HSE regulation e.g. USA or Western Europe.
- Overseas working experience essential.
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC/HND or equivalent.
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written. Be computer literate and have experience of Maintenance and Material Management systems.
- Experience in coaching nationals to a competency program.
- Industrial training assessor qualification preferred.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.