Reporting to the Wells Materials & Logistics Manager, the Drilling /Workover Materials Controller is an office-based positions that are a key focal point for the day to day logistics, equipment and services support to Day Rate and Turnkey Drilling, Workover and Well services operations. A strong working relationship with Drilling, Workovers, Completions, logistics, materials and HSE teams will be required
- Focal point for Well site logistics and receipt of equipment in a safe manner keeping all records of equipment arriving and being returned for up to 5 drilling and workover rigs.
- Focal point for creating equipment document packages (Manifests, MITs, RTS, RFI, MTT)
- Will participate in daily morning meetings / calls with drilling management and discuss the material, equipment or service forecasts and requirements as planned.
- Keep a full and accurate spreadsheet of all equipment and service company equipment stored at rig site (OCTG, Wellheads, Drill bits, drilling tools,etc)
- Ensure all equipment required to be sent back from rig site to main base or vendor is manifested correctly and the correct descriptions and quantities are clearly listed on the paperwork.
- Liaise with Finance engineers and Drilling / Workover/ Wells services engineers as required.
- Liaise with RSB and RSB inventory team for all stock issues and reconciliations.
- Will need to communicate with all vendors in the planning of all truck and equipment movements to rig sites, warehouse and around the field. Follow up of issued instructions is critical.
- Involvement with machine shops in the make-up of shoe equipment, cross overs and pup joints as required.
Criteria and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of Drilling and Workover operations is desirable. (Ongoing Training will be given)
- 3- 5-year track record Materials and Logistics/ Transportation controller in a busy operation.
- Good knowledge of English and ability to communicate clearly in English both verbal and written.
- Good communication skills and safety awareness.
- Ability to work and integrate in a large multi-cultural environment
- Good computer skills and Knowledge of MS office suite.
- Maximo training will be required.