MSELECT is looking for a Mechanical-Piping QC Inspector in Duhok for an international oil operator, Minimum 5 years relevant experience in similar roles with Applicable qualification, Fluency in Kurdish and English is a must
To provide continuous surveillance inspection of construction and fabrication activities as deemed fit for the success of the project in accordance with the Project Quality Requirements. To improve the effectiveness and performance of Client and Contractor quality control system and continuous improvement using the quality plans Inspection and test plans, quality standards, quality procedures, and work instructions.
- To ensure that contractors comply with Project QA/QC requirements
- To ensure awareness of and compliance with HSE rules and regulations by subordinates and contractors.
- To control and monitor the implementation of the contractor quality plan
- To control and monitor the implementation of the contractor Inspection and test plans
- To follow up on the implementation of action plans
- Ensure proper control/traceability on free issue and purchased materials and that they conform to required specification.
- Produce inspection reports to meet plans agreed with the Project team.
- Provide and record data to measure efficiency, effectiveness and productivity to support delivery of the inspection improvement program.
- Participate in equipment failure investigations to determine the root cause of the failure to increase asset integrity and availability.
- Ensure Contractors’ control and adherence to specification, codes, standards and DNO Requirements.
- Update internal Database with all information (Corrective Action Requests, Nonconformities and Deviations/Derogations etc) and prepare statistical analysis.
- Determine with the Senior Inspector where improvements are required and where necessary recommend corrective action.
- Participate at kick-off meetings.
- Evaluate Contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers Inspection and Test Plans, long lead items, associated documents and identify any necessary corrective measures.
- Review the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and correctness.
- Conducts QC tests, ensures compliance with company's quality requirements and tracks implementation of the approved corrective and preventive actions
- Perform physical inspections, plan and co-ordinate mechanical test and specialist support services, and to interpret test and result.
- Recommend repairs as per code and assign inspection intervals to achieve legal compliance and business integrity goals.
- Validate Contractors level of NDE controls and qualification of NDE personnel
- Initiate, discuss with the Senior Inspectors and help to promote all necessary corrective actions for any failure identified with the project quality system.
- Attend weekly project meetings and monthly meetings with Contractors
- Attend selected critical inspections/test/FAT as necessary to ensure highest level of confidence for the equipment and material being procured
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in similar roles with Applicable qualification
- Preferred Higher Education (Technical) previous experience of Mechanical & Piping inspection during fabrication and construction.
- Good experience with contractors and suppliers, those involved in the engineering and construction of onshore facilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office application, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.