MSELECT is looking to hire a Travel Management Assistant for an international development organization in Erbil. Candidate must have at least 3 years’ relevant professional experience and fluency in English and Kurdish is a must, German knowledge is a plus
- The travel management assistant provides support in travel arrangements for organization personnel, groups and other partners, including scheduling flights and ground transportation, booking accommodations and handling any other trip-related tasks.
- Administrators typically work for organization - Iraq Depending on the size of organization in Iraq he/she may work as part of a team
- Dealing with all questions arising in this area
- Identifying relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions
- Further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change
- Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information
- Arrange Transportation and Lodging: As the primary function of a travel management assistant, this responsibility involves finding and arranging appropriate modes of travel, such as flights and rental cars, as well as making reservations at hotels, motels or other forms of lodging. The logistical aspect of transporting groups of people from one location to another requires a great deal of planning and organizing, and thus making arrangements is an essential part of an assistant’s job.
- Process Reimbursements: The employees of an organization will often need to be reimbursed for the cost of a hotel room, taxi ride, meal or other travel expense, and it is up to the travel management assistant to make sure that such reimbursements are properly recorded, documented and issued.
- Serve as Liaison: Sometimes an organization will rely on a third-party travel agency to plan travel arrangements, but that doesn’t mean that the travel management assistants work is done. It is the duty to facilitate communication between their organization and the chosen travel agency, make sure that the travel agency understands what requirements must be met and review all of the agency’s bookings for accuracy, cost-effectiveness and policy adherence.
- Provide Information: Before each traveler can get to where they’re going, they first need to know when and how to get there. The Assistant is responsible for communicating such information to travelers, which can include which hotel room they’ll be occupying, the departure time of the flight they’ll be taking and the mode of transportation they’ll be using to travel to and from the airport.
The assistant must have an excellent level of organization, the ability to understand complicated logistical information and high attention to detail.
Furthermore, they also need to be able to communicate with employees, supervisors and travel agencies with professionalism, clarity and accuracy.
In addition to these general skills and personal characteristics, employers are looking for a travel management assistant with the following skills.
- Travel management assistant, focus on mastering the following:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication
- Working knowledge of the travel industry
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of travel policies and regulations
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Experience with coordinating travel arrangements.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Firm grasp of digital data and file management systems
- Degree in accounting or related area
- Certificate in event management or similar area and/or
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Outstanding management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Confidential handling of information on staff and finances
- Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management