BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Completion and Testing field supervisor will plan, prepare, program and supervise the completion and testing of the wells. In addition, he will assist with basic well surviving such as slick line and coil tubing interventions.
Design and supervision of:
- Program preparation
- Completion sub assembly preparation,
- DST operations,
- ESP running and commissioning,
- Completion operations,
- Perforating and well testing,
- Electric wireline operations,
- Slick line operations,
- Coiled tubing operations,
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- Function as Field Lead for the Completion, Testing and Well Services operations
- Manage the work in accordance with approved company programs, HSSE policies, standards and systems to fully meet project objectives.
- Integrate and liaise with other disciplines and service companies to ensure efficient and effective execution of the work programs
- Interface with Production Operations to ensure simultaneous production and intervention procedures are followed and any production downtime is minimized.
- Ensure regulations and legislation pertaining to the work are adhered to by all parties.
- Ensure QA / QC procedures / standards are applied to all operations. Operations
- Implement approved procedures for rig based or rigless completion and well intervention operations.
- Ensure well control and safety equipment is serviceable, and personnel are competent in its use.
- Monitor contractor performance, recognizing good performance and reporting to the Contract Owner any short falls or potential improvements.
- Ensure that all contract equipment for completion/well intervention operations is maintained and certified.
- Audit the work performed by the well intervention contractor and third party service contractors to ensure it is performed according to terms of contracts and agreements
- Ensure all routine operations and cost control reports are completed as required by the company and / or regulatory bodies are completed to a professional standard.
- Ensure accurate storage of information and data relating to Well files and well data.
- Ensure all lessons learned are captured and shared from the execution of the completion / well intervention / well testing activities
- Manage company HSSE systems within the area of operations.
- Ensure all well work programmers are executed safely, and that all major risks have been identified and mitigated.
- Observe all company HSSE instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to themselves and others.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Current IWCF Well Control certification at supervisor level
Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years on/offshore completions, well testing and well services experience with a combination of office engineering and field operations assignments.
- Demonstrable ESP experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ wellsite supervisory experiences with high standard of down hole competency.
- Experience of working in a sour environment
- Specific petroleum engineering qualifications.
- Exposure to onshore operations in the Middle East and Kurdistan in particular
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Mentoring skills
- Good data management and computer literacy
- Good standard of both written and spoken English