BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Co-ordinate and direct process optimization, through daily operations oversight and design/implementation of debottlenecking and reliability improvement projects.
- Support/direct operations team with trouble shooting, plant optimization and root cause analysis.
- Manage Production loss identification, coordinate loss tracking process and definition/preparation of improvement projects.
- Responsible for optimization of diesel fuel and production chemicals consumption and utilization optimization.
- Support the Project and Production / Operations teams, including the preparation of engineering queries and review of management of change (MOC) documentation.
- Provide process engineering input to assist in the creation of work scopes for process related studies (e.g. conceptual, feasibility, etc.)
- Provide process engineering input to engineering project work, including review of engineering documents such as P&IDs, C&Es, etc.
- Review specifications for recommended process equipment and assess their suitability.
- Participate in project HAZOPs, as required. Review actions from previous HAZOPs and progress their completion.
- Promote an integrated approach within a multi-disciplinary team to incorporate process, mechanical and E&I engineering expertise into the design and operation of company facilities.
- Interface with other company engineers to ensure that best practices are defined and shared
- Support companies core values of safety and sustainability, pursuit of excellence, trust, working together, and courage and creativity.
- Operations and Engineering contributor working within a small multi-discipline team.
- Bachelors of Science (B.Sc.) or Engineering (BEng) Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering
- Masters of Engineering (MEng) Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of oil and gas process engineering experience.
- Excellent exposure to upstream exploration and production, especially in high H2S oil production operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and succeed in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of internationally applicable design codes and standards.
- Strong willingness to learn from others and develop professionally within the role.
- 15+ years of upstream oil and gas process engineering experience.
- Upstream (and Midstream) experience favorable compared to Downstream (i.e. refining).
- International experience, particularly within the MENA region.
- Excellent grasp of both written and spoken English, including the ability to create technical documents/reports and critically review the same.
- All groups within the companies Iraq business, located in: Abu Dhabi, Erbil and Atrush field.
- The role will be based in Erbil with regular possibly extended site visits to the Atrush field.
- Third party contractors and consultants.