MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistic Distribution and Transportation Manager for a food service client to be based in Sulaymaniah, 5 years’ experience in warehousing operations, distribution or supply chain function, fluency in Kurdish, English and Arabic is a must.
- Full rate approval and buying ownership within a geographic region
- Strong working knowledge of a strategic carrier capacity with in a geographic region
- Strong working knowledge of customer's supply chain, requirements, and new initiatives
- Achieve industry standard marks in service and buying
- Responsible for carrier manager’s portfolio development, management, negotiations, and relations leading to strong long-term carrier partnerships
- Managing full inventory procedures and devise ways to optimize it
- Manage inventory days on hand for finished product.
- Monitor aging inventory for components and displays.
- Supervise physical inventory of raw materials. Manage excess and obsolete material and scrap requests.
- Supervise all rework projects in conjunction with Inventory Control Specialists
- Development and implementation of inbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement
- Responsible of production planning and dispatch planning.
- Develop effective relationships with internal customers (i.e. Sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouses etc.)
- Provide location utilization of transportation tools such as rate and route guides
- Managing local and international purchasing capability.
Decision and Making Authority
- Supplier Performance
- 5 years of experience in warehousing operations, distribution or supply chain function.
- FMCG experience is preferable.
- Highly developed sense of responsibility and results orientation.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities in a face paced, dynamic environment.
- Production experience a plus.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spread sheets; aptitude to extract information from all internal systems for reporting purposes.
- Must work and participate effectively in a team environment with diverse personalities.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong communication skills including good verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally, to all levels of management.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed, with excellent prioritization and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong analytical skills including problem resolution and analysis.
- Ability to consistently achieve desired results, manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and act decisively.