MSELECT is looking to hire a Project HSE Supervisor for major international oil operator in Kurdistan, Iraq.
Selected candidate will be supporting the Project and HSE Manager in project delivery, provide safety leadership and assurance of the HSE Management Systems in accordance with the client’s Business direction. Assist with Contractor Management and coordinate onsite Health and Safety.
- Support the Project & HSE Manager in safe Project Delivery.
- Coordinate audit and inspection schedules onsite and ensure any findings are recorded, actioned and communicated.
- Schedule and perform regular inspections, audits and site walk-throughs.
- Promote and encourage incentive schemes, open reporting and a positive safety culture with all project Contractors.
- Lead any HSE related meetings and attend any relevant contractor progress or review meetings.
- Collation of project related HSE statistics and data for conveyance to key stakeholders during organizational HSE conferences
- Assist and support Incident Owners with investigations and reporting, Root Cause Analysis, managing effective corrective actions and communicating lessons learned.
- Safety Authority for Project Permit to Work, providing support and guidance for Task Risk Assessments and Control of Work
- Provide advice, guidance support in the development of client’s standards and procedures.
- Provide safety support during Contractor progress meetings.
- Coordinate and produce HSE Plans/Bridging documentation.
- Supervise a small team of HSE Advisors
- Compile & submit daily /weekly /monthly management reports & yearly statistical analysis.
- Assist in any Ad-hoc HSE /Projects tasks as required
- High standard of spoken and written English and Kurdish is a must
- Accredited degree Level HSE/Construction Qualification
- Minimum of 7 years Project HSE experience in O&G.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervising small teams.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA 18001/45001 and HSE management systems.
- Knowledgeable in high risk activities such as Confined Space Entry, Hotworks, Excavations, safe systems of work etc.
- Minimum of 8 years Project/HSE experience in Projects/Operations O&G.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervising small teams including.
- Experienced in Contractor Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Power point.
- Strong Investigation and report writing skills.
- Full Manual driving license.
- Experience in SIMOPS during shutdowns and/or projects.
- Write HSE Documents in English using Microsoft Word.
- Higher Level Technical/Construction Certificate and NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.