MSELECT is looking for a qualified CAD Operator/Designer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan, 10 years of experience in onshore projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry, fluency in English is a must.
An international oil and gas operator is seeking experienced CAD Operator/Designer to be based at the operations sites in Kurdistan. The CAD Operator/Designer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The CAD Operator/Designer shall be responsible for the production of construction drawings and MTO’s for Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Piping works. The CAD Operator/Designer shall produce drawings and information in response to requests from the Project Manager.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme. The Project Manager will play a key role in this area.
- Interpret instructions from the Project Manager.
- Interpret Basis of Design documents and P&ID’s.
- Interpret specifications.
- Make drawings using AutoCAD.
- Make 3D drawings using CAD works (preferable).
- Make site measurements, including clash checking for new works in the Brownfield site.
- Explain drawings to construction teams and engineers to gain feedback.
- Review completed construction drawings from third parties for accuracy and conformity to standards.
- Produce scopes of work and cost estimates for small to medium size projects.
- Occasional travel may be required for this position.
- 10 years of experience in onshore projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum B. ENG, in Mechanical Engineering.
- Fluent in English language.
- Experienced in AutoCAD.
- Experienced in 3D modeling (preferable).
- Must be physical fit, the job involves considerable site work at times in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and internationally accepted standards.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting.
- Perform drawing and technology research.
- Coordinate with engineers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.