MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling and Workover Superintendent for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 15 years of experience in a relevant role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Ensure Company's HSE and QAQC policies and standards are implemented on the rig sites.
- Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling projects.
- Ensure the correct management of the drilling operations by optimizing the assets and equipment and supervising the execution of the activities of subordinates.
- Oversees and mentors Company supervisors on technical and managerial guidance.
- Manage the mobilization and ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the well construction operations.
- Advise Drilling Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in overcome and resolving such problems.
- Endorse Company operation programs.
- Ensure reporting routines are fulfilled.
- Call for / Participate to investigations in case of serious HSE incidents.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifies and mitigates potential employee relations issues.
- Experience as a Drilling Superintendent for 10 + years with an independent or major oil company with total experience in well construction operation 15 + years including adequate supervisory experience on a drilling or workover rigs.
- Experience on the Middle East preferably in Iraq – at least 5 years.
- Operations experience with HPHT, H2S presence and total/partial losses drilling conditions.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to efficiently manage multiple organization consisting of Drilling Supervisors, Logistics specialists, Drilling Contractors, Service Companies in collaboration with Company Senior Drilling Engineers and Drilling Manager.
- Have detailed and demonstrated technical knowledge of drilling, completion and workover operations.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to manage multiple drilling and workover rigs at one time in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Be familiar with well budget preparation and cost monitoring for exploration, appraisal and development projects.
- Understand and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of managing a HSE compliant operation without sacrificing operational efficiency.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment and manage subordinates.
- Fluent in English.
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF or IADC).
- Must be very proficient in leading, delegating & motivating Company field personnel and contractors.
- Should be able to identify areas where improvements in work practices, costing, money, savings, etc can be made.
- Must be able to work under stress & with minimum supervision especially in emergencies.
- Must be highly skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a drilling, completion and workover environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.