MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling Supervisor for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 10 years of experience in a relevant role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed Daily Operations Reports. Quality check the well data reported in company reporting system in order to provide high quality data stored in data management systems.
- Manage the execution of the operations carried out by the rig under his control, following the defined drilling or work over programs and according to Company and Well Engineering standards.
- Follow and manage the HSE performance of the Rig as per Company HSE standards in operations.
- Make recommendations on alternative methods or equipment when unusual situations are encountered.
- Coordinate deliveries of materials to the well to ensure it is available when required.
- Ensure the contractor meets all requirements of his contract.
- Work with Drilling and Workover engineers to see that modern drilling practices are followed.
- Improve the execution quality of drilling, work over and well completion activities by optimizing proven techniques and practices, and implementing new technology and innovative operating methods. Evaluate and report results. Contribute to the upgrading and maintenance of drilling and completion standards.
- Approve contractor’s daily reports.
- Manage and coordinate the well site organization (Drilling Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Service Companies) in order to deliver wells in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure that contractor rigs and equipment are properly maintained to avoid NPT.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Company Superintendent.
- Ensure that Company Blowout Prevention and Well Control Standards are met in all respects including equipment configuration, testing and crew response.
- Assure that rig and personnel comply with Company established safety standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program with 7 years of experience working in drilling and workover operations including adequate supervisory experience on a drilling or workover rig Or High School degree with 10 years of relevant experience in drilling and workover operations including supervisory experience generally acquired by progression on Drilling or workover rig.
- Experience on the Middle East, preferably in Iraq is a plus.
- Operations experience with HPHT, H2S presence, total/partial losses drilling conditions, air/foam drilling, MPD.
- Sufficient experience on a drilling rig progressing through the ranks up to Drilling Supervisor.
- Be able to supervise drilling, completion and workover operations of both oil or gas vertical and horizontal wells in a safe and efficient manner while following a defined drilling program.
- Fluent English;
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF or IADC).
- Must be very proficient in leading, delegating & motivating hi subordinates and contractors.
- Should be able to identify areas where improvements in work practices, costing, money, savings, etc can be made.
- Must be able to work under stress & with minimum supervision especially in emergencies.
- Must be highly skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a drilling, completion and workover environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.