MSELECT is looking for a qualified Petroleum Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, the candidate must meet all the requirements listed below, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
- Reports to: Production Director
- Functional and Asset Specific member of Production Department.
- Petroleum engineering and production optimization support to operated assets.
- Surveillance, analysis and simulation will be used to optimize field production.
- Identification and implementation of new well opportunities stimulation and intervention activities.
- Production Optimization (Value sustainment).
- Daily well surveillance and production optimization.
- Identification and implementation of production improvement initiatives.
- Nodal analysis, well performance modelling and network optimization.
- Artificial lifting and natural flowing wells optimization and trouble shooting.
- Production well test analysis and validation.
- Preparation of weekly Well Information Pack (well and reservoir management guidelines).
- Well allocation management.
- Provide input to choke model & production loss reporting process.
- Flow assurance of production and injection wells (including scale and sand management).
- Production Optimization (Value creation/enhancement).
- Infill well program - provision of all production technology input (upper completion design, artificial lift design and sand face design).
- Subsea interventions (intervention programming/design)
- Petroleum engineering support to subsurface/development team
- Ad-hoc support for Business Development
- Operations support and holiday cover - a proportion of each Production Engineers time is required to support holiday cover for each asset
- Contribute to preparation of technical and commercial justification for well interventions & workovers
- Prepare input for partner’s meetings and annual production reports
- To identify engineering solutions for field development, by interpreting and discussing reservoir model and well data with reservoir team, in order to maximize recovery efficiency and improve the field economics.
- To collaborate with Reservoir and Exploration teams to define objectives of well testing and data collection for exploration, development, and production wells proposing the techniques and the equipment to be used ensuring completeness of information and cost control.
- To collaborate with drilling and operation teams to propose development wells completion design.
- Occasional offshore visits in support of project execution
The Employee shall:
- Preferably MSc or equivalent degree in either Petroleum Engineering/Reservoir Engineer or related subject achieving a minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the Oil/Gas Industry.
- Sound theoretical petroleum engineering & production technology exposure.
- Familiarity with industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software methods including well performance modelling, reservoir simulation, and material balance among others.
- Familiarity with PVT analysis & interpretation.
- Familiarity with production chemistry issues associated with water flood reservoirs.
- Familiarity with rock mechanical issues associated with production and injection.
- Familiarity with cased hole logging principles and application.
- Familiarity with metering principles and application.
- Familiarity with well and plant optimization strategies.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Effective relationship builder at all levels, both internally & externally.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.