MSELECT is looking for a qualified Production - Process Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 7 years' experience in process engineering within an oil and gas environment, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
- Responsible for the overall process design, operation and implementation.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and optimizes operating unit key process variables to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Applies technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption.
- Follows day to day operations of the production facility.
- Identify the bottlenecks in existing facilities and recommend revamps/expansion of existing facilities.
- Prepares necessary data for Project Cost Estimation in line with VAP. Carries out cost optimization workshops to reduce project costs.
- Leads and/or participates in root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues.
- Designs, runs, tests, and upgrades systems and processes.
- Assesses processes and interprets data and improves processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Develops initial scope and business case for improvements projects.
- Works with multi-disciplinary system engineering and operation teams to assist operation projects design.
- Generates and reviews systems for operational purposes to identify or solve operational and integrity related challenges.
- Reviews system control philosophies and helps in the generation of new system control philosophies and shutdown keys.
- Calculates product streams with all characteristics required by facilities process.
- Engages with engineers and operations for purposes of HAZOP studies.
- Supports implementation of new technology developments.
- Supports new product development and plant implementation.
- Apply appropriate engineering principles, best practice and know-how in the provision of engineering services and professional advice
- Identify technical problems, evaluate options and formulate solutions to achieve satisfactory conclusions
- Provide an engineering interface with operations, service providers, design authorities, project personnel and other stakeholders in the development and execution of engineering activities
- Ensure understanding, application and leadership by example of all responsibilities with regard to the Company’s Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Ensure that safety risks and business risks associated with engineering activities are assessed and that appropriate checks, controls and precautions are taken.
- Review as required: engineering, methods, defects, maintenance faults, non-conformance and problem areas. Use evidence from the reviews to improve effectiveness, reliability, maintainability and economy, leading to continuous improvement
- To deliver the above, the role holder will input and/or manage the input of others across the whole equipment/plant/engineering life cycle including design, installation, troubleshooting, technical investigation, commissioning and handover
- The role holder is accountable for delivery in accordance with agreed plans and to the quality required.
- There will be a requirement to provide Leadership / Management / Supervision / Oversight of engineering activities on a number of different assets at different times in their life-span, e.g. late-life, decommissioning, full production.
- All will require a different technical and commercial evaluation.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions:
- Similar to other engineers in the Production and Operations Support team
- Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties)
- As a member of a service delivery function the role requires reporting progress to the Production Director and Project/Line Manager to inspire and maintain their confidence
- Minimum 7 years' experience in process engineering within an oil and gas environment;
- A degree in process engineering or chemical engineer is preferred; alternatives could be accepted based on adequate work experience and training;
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in polypropylene manufacturing operations is an asset;
- Sound knowledge of process related standards and process simulations;
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages;
- Strong ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from several team members;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Willing to Fields’ travel
- A working knowledge of the engineering activities associated with operating and maintaining oil and gas plant/facilities.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and best practices – e.g. the standards and legislation pertinent to the activity/discipline being undertaken.
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems (if possible relating to an oil and gas facility).
- Appreciation of general maintenance activities and techniques.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Computer literate, with an appreciation of any specialist packages related to the specific role/discipline – e.g. PipeSim, GAP.
- Removes barriers and resistance to progress through listening, engaging with others and taking action.
- Effectively implements changes and monitors as required.
- Establishes, manages and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with individuals and groups in a diverse constructive and collaborative manner.
- Intervenes proactively to support, manage or lead colleagues through problems.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.