MSELECT is looking to hire a Deputy Operations Manager for an international oil operator. Minimum 5 years' experience in production and processing within the oil and gas industry is required.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, coordination and management for the Production Operation Team across the Duhok EWT early production facility. Deputy Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for safe production operation and people management at Duhok EWT early production facility. This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing downtime and non-productive time. The position is responsible for the successful collaboration with other departments, including subsurface, work over, construction, regulatory, land, in addition to Technical Authority teams to optimize production in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
This role performs under the direction of the Production Director and in cooperation with Operations Manager.
- Ability to build strong, positive rapport with employees in a team environment; ability to lead through personal example that demonstrates integrity, core values and consistency in decision-making
- Direct/work with Control Room Operator, Production Operators, Laboratory Technician
- Coach, counsel, train, discipline and develop employee skills.
- Review work and production schedules to optimize efficiency
- Maintain clear production history of process operations/equipment informing Operations Manager
- Report deficiencies/malfunctions to Operations Manager and propose solutions, if any
- Act as Maintenance and Permit to Work Coordinator when required
- Lead and motivate employees in effectiveness and efficiency
- Analyze employees’ Productivity and Quality with established measurement tools
- Ensure/promote safety awareness
- Know/understand actions required to maximize safety and minimize commercial loss
- Ensure that all employees comply with all company policies, HSE policies and regulations.
- Know and lead emergency response actions/duties required in emergency/abnormal situation as per Emergency Response Plan
- Lead by example and be an advocate for Safety, Housekeeping, Operating Procedures, etc.
- Improve and maintains equipment, process and procedures.
- Ensure Production goals are met on a constant basis
- Interact with employees on all levels with varying backgrounds and personalities to ensure consistent, fair environment that maximizes employee confidence, maintain a high morale, and sets the standard for teamwork and success.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to hold team accountable for results and recognize accomplishments
- Interact and liaise with support teams and other departments
- Administer corrective actions as necessary in a fair and consistent manner
- Be a change agent for safety, professional development, and adhering to company policies.
- Coordinate with support elements to reduce equipment downtime
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills and ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Excellent analytical & people management skills, including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork and performance management
- Meet requirements on Administrative duties such as Time and Attendance, Employee Reviews, Overtime and Holiday Planning etc...
- Ensure proper handover during shift change/crew change.
- Have understanding of chemical injection systems with regard to product specification, hydrate/wax formation.
- Do daily management of production plant maintenance, general housekeeping of the Process Deck and preservation of the Process Area by dedicated team
- Performs other duties as directed
- A non-comprehensive list of tasks include:
Leading operations and safety meetings
Job coordination with other segments
- Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Organize and participate actively in the training of his/her operators.
Support the training of Junior Field Specialists and crew assigned to his/her cell.
Attend to his/her personal development by following the Company’s training program as applicable.
To follow and uphold all company QHSE standards and promote their understanding and adherence.
To control quality of our service during all phases of the operation and ensure products of highest quality are delivered to the client.
To perform all reporting duties concerning the field operations, accurately and in a timely manner.
To ensure that the status of all equipment assigned to his/her cell is reported and kept up to date
To ensure that supplies are available at the wellsite to perform the operation
- Must have at least 3 years of onshore oil field supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in the onshore oil and gas production and processing industry is required.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Oil & Gas Related Disciplines: Process, Mechanical, Production or Petroleum Engineering
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends. Must be present at least 30 min prior and post scheduled shift
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office required, SAP experience a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, planning and organization skills
- Previous experience in Middle East onshore oil and gas production environment preferred
- Well Control
- CPR/First Aid
- Oil & gas process safety and emergency training
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Training